CDC Scores

bigfoot88

I am on the NCL Spirit next month and went to look at the review page. I saw a low CDC/FDA score and was a little concerned. I did a little research and find the info was just not updated.

Go to the web site below for current info on cruise ship scores and what issues were found during the inspection

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/vsp/InspectionQueryTool/Forms/InspectionSearch.aspx

I am on the NCL Spirit next month and went to look at the review page. I saw a low CDC/FDA score and was a little concerned. I did a little research and find the info was just not updated.

Go to the web site below for current info on cruise ship scores and what issues were found during the inspection

i only read the first of your posting and thought "here we go again" then I read the rest. I guess not all information can be up to date all the time. Yes, last check the Spirit got a great rating. My view, the ratings certainly carry value and I like to see what issues may exist, but, like anything else I don't put a lot of stock in them unless they are very new, let's say not more than 90 days old. It is good to see what the concerns are., not good to let little things worry us.

Nita

Nita, I can see what you could have thought.

The reason for the post was, things change. The Spirit corrected the issues from past inspections. I have no issues with NCL at all, a 7 time cruiser in 6 years.

Steve

Bigfoot Steve, yep, I read it too fast. I know you do not have an issue, in fact, after re-reading what you said, I know you were directing us to read the latest reports.

happy cruisin

Nita

The Spirit was originally built for Star Cruises and never intended to sail in the West. As a result, the Food & Beverage and Housekeeping standards and equipment were not designed and installed to US Public Health Service specifications.

NCL had quite a struggle when the ship first came to them to sail in the West. They had to retro-fit many parts of the ship to get it up to specs. During that period, USPH was not very generous with their efforts.

Hey bigfoot88!

I hope that you and DW are well. Sorry to jump on your thread but I wanted to let you know that several of the gang from 2006 are having a reunion on the Spirit in August 2008. Maybe you both can make it?

Come over to the Roll Call to visit.

Archived