Lanzarote - car rentals?

travelbug1

Will be in Lanzarote this fall - anyone rented cars there? It appears that the car pick-up locations are mostly at the airport - trying to determine how far it is from the port - price for cab etc. to the airport - still searching to see if there are any pick-ups in Arrecife and how far the trip would be from the port. Any previous car renters out there???

• 1 month later...

We booked a car for the end of the month at the Cicar website, but the only Arrecife office I could find in the booking form was the airport. Once I got the confirmation, I replied by email asking about picking up the car at the port. They told us that in Arrecife, they do not have an offica at the harbor, but they changed our reservation to the Arrecife city office, which is closer than the airport:

Ruperto Gonzalez Negrin #8

She told me we would need to take a taxi there from the port, and it should take about 10 minutes.

(FYI - On Tenerife, they have an office at the Santa Cruz de Tenerife harbor, even though I didn't see it listed on the website. They changed the booking to that office, so we'll be able to pick up the car right there.)

Archived