Question for very short stay in Aruba

julie aka social director

You're getting in really early and don't have much time. If you want to see a little of the island, rent a car and drive towards Palm Beach to the lighthouse. Early in the AM should be nice. Then come back to Palm Beach and spend a few hours on the beach. All of the beaches are public but the chairs are almost all owned by the hotels.

You can try Moomba beach, on Palm Beach between the Marriott Surf Club and the Holiday Inn. They have a few trees for shade and have beach chairs available. They are not a hotel.

We have the same time restraints and the same sentiments as you, and we decided due to the short time we would go with a ship's excursion. We chose the Sail & Snorkel on Coral Princess; it leaves the ship at 8 and returns at 11 am. Then we plan to walk into town for about an hour and do a little shopping. The town is very near the port.

There was a thread titled " Aruba in 6 hours" or something like that, but it has been removed, unfortunately.

Thanks for the map, Lisa. Would the Seaport Marketplace and Queen Wilhemina Park be nice places to walk to? It looks like it is only 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the cruise pier. I would prefer something other than a mall, since I see plenty of those in the US.

Thanks for the map, Lisa. Would the Seaport Marketplace and Queen Wilhemina Park be nice places to walk to? It looks like it is only 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the cruise pier. I would prefer something other than a mall, since I see plenty of those in the US.
You are very welcome! The entire area is a nice walk. You can walk about the docks in the yacht basin, then onto the gardens and waterviews from the Renaissance Ocean Tower and then through the park and onto the bay. Bring your camera, there will be some nice photo ops.

Archived