Yankee Trader or Yankee Clipper

leavitt1

Help. I have Sheraton (Starwood Reward) Points, so I can choose either. Which is the better hotel? I spent $120 to buy extra point so I'd have enough for a "free" room. It seemed like a better deal than spending $165+tax for the Comfort Inn and Suites, which is what I currently have booked.

Thanks so much!

Michelle

OK...So I went with the Yankee Trader. It has two pools and the other one only has one. We're more pool people than sand people, so...;)

Now...Does anyone know if the ocean view rooms at the Yankee Trader have a view of the cruiseport?

Also, where are good but inexpensive places to eat in the area? I really want this to be a great vacation, but I don't want to break the bank before I even get on the ship! :eek: :D

Thanks,

Michelle

Stayed at the Trader post cruise in Feb, god a fab deal on Priceline I think $75.00. The hotel was very nice and within a short walk to a open air mall that had some restaurants, we ate at the pub food was good and reasonable. Enjoy:cool: Yes this hotel was dated but very nice and the bed was to die for.

By "dated" does that mean, "not nice" :eek: ?

No, not at all. They've both been around for quite some time, have seen many a 'spring break' and have pleased many guests over the years. Starwood recently purchased the controlling interest of the Clipper and plans are in the works to raze it and build a 5 star resort in it's place. They're both fine for a night, wouldn't be my first choice for a week long vacation though.

Now...Does anyone know if the ocean view rooms at the Yankee Trader have a view of the cruiseport?

Port Everglades is 3 miles south of the hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Port+Everglades,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL&geocode=&dirflg=&daddr=321+N.+Ft.+Lauderdale+Beach+Blvd.++Fort+Lauderdale,+Florida+33304&f=d&hl=en&sll=26.09677,-80.12646&sspn=0.110071,0.159645&ie=UTF8&z=14&om=1

Also, where are good but inexpensive places to eat in the area?

Beach Place just south of the Trader offers many reasonable restaurants to choose from. All situated in a multi story open air mall overlooking the ocean. Cheeburger Cheeburger, Hooters, LuLus Baitshack (my favorite), Sally O'Briens, Shanty Cafe, Sloppy Joes (of Key West fame), Fat Tuesday, are a few of the restaurants located there. ;)

Archived