Do you ever feel you have to justify your cruising addiction

Mikel1733

Folks in my neck of the woods make their annual pilgrimmages to Myrtle Beach and end up spending twice as much for a week amongst the beach crowds as they would have on a cruise. When they roll their eyes about our cruises' date=' I smile and think to myself, "If only you knew what you were missing."[/quote']

Oh man, do I know what you mean, except instead of Myrtle Beach, it's Gulf Shores or Destin. They spend MORE than we do on our cruise, but I'M the one who is being frivolous!!!! :rolleyes:

Then, there are those who don't go anywhere, like the parents or in-laws, who I do feel guilty about telling...:cool:

WOW! So glad to see this thread! I have a friend that is all into Dave Ramsey & saving every penny for retirement! She definitely does not understand my need to cruise but she can/has gone to the "beach" at least 5 times this summer while we haven't been ANYWHERE this year since our cruise in May so we could save to cruise in October.

I don't care what she thinks anymore!!! It's my money not hers!!!

YAY CRUISERS!

WOW! So glad to see this thread! I have a friend that is all into Dave Ramsey & saving every penny for retirement! She definitely does not understand my need to cruise but she can/has gone to the "beach" at least 5 times this summer while we haven't been ANYWHERE this year since our cruise in May so we could save to cruise in October.

I don't care what she thinks anymore!!! It's my money not hers!!!

YAY CRUISERS!

Good for you:)

often as I wish..my pals have same or better $$ available..yet they do criticize(while they are writing another check to their no-account BF, paying the kids rent, buying teen a car, or sitting the grandkids 5/6 days a week, while the kids "do their thing". Not one has ever decided to go with me, even when the "Wish I could go with you" whining starts..no apologies here! I always announce when I'm going (10 more booked) and listen to the sighs...and I'm soooo immune to the "bring me back something" routine!

I just love cruising and I had wanted to all my life so I went back to school (something I had wanted to do anyway) and became a nurse to get a better job and to pursue my/our dream of cruising. I achieved that goal and now I work for my cruises and other vacations as well. It is unbelievable the people that say "it must be nice" when I say we are going on a cruise (our 4th is in Nov). I have now just started replying "It sure is" and just smile. Of course I am thinking all the time you could do the same and work for vacations as well! ;)

Archived