Who has purchased Mexican Vanilla?

airdale

We're in Cozumel on Monday, and Los Cinco Soles will be my first stop, followed by the pharmacy, and then Nachi! I'll try and get photos of the bottles of vanilla for the OP, as well as pricing.

Hi Susan, I am the customer service rep at Los Cinco Soles! Looking forward to your visit on Monday, I will set you up with all the Vanilla you need! Just ask for me I will be here all day! ~Kim

I am looking for some the brand names of pure Mexican vanilla WITHOUT any 'coumarin' in it. I have read enough to know NOT to buy the vanilla with the 'coumarin' in it.

I am glad that I dropped in to see what all the posts were about. I had no idea about "courmarin" and never heard of it. Now I have to be carefull of what I buy, especially for my friends back home.

Thanks everyone here for all the information you provided.

If you are going downtown, stop at the store Aqua Safari. They sell the Reyna brand, same manufacturer as Los Cinco Soles but doesn't cost as much. As you are entering the town section, it is on your right not far in. They have clear vanilla too. The expiration date is always way out. It is SOOOOOO good. Here is the web site.

http://orlandomx.com/products.html

• 6 months later...

I have been using Mexican Vanilla for at least two decades. My most recent bottles were brought back from Cozumel, by a co-worker. The same brand can be purchased form Amazon.com. A 16.6 fl. oz. size of Mexican Vanilla/Totonac's Pure Vanilla, sells for $12.95 on Amazon.com. plus Shipping and Handling. In the past, I've gotten it from Los Cinco Soles @ $14.95 for a liter. Big difference in price! Everytime someone cruises to Mexico, I request as many bottles as they can carry. :o

Archived