My BASIC question about Calica/Playa is....

DebbyCruiser

this:

We want just a basic beach day here. FYI, I'm travelling with 3 kids aged 7, 10, & 12, where do I/we ask a taxi driver to take us when we get off the ship?

What we are looking for is just a beach, if there is any watersports/toys available that'd be great but not 100% necessary. We really and truly just want to go to the beach.

Thanks in Advance!!

Have the taxi driver drop you off near 5th Avenue in Playa Del Carman. There is everything that you need, food drink shopping and a short walk gets you to some nice beaches. You can rent chairs, snorkel equipment or whatever and if you don't like that area just move down the beach a little ways. There are some nice beaches here.

Hey guys,

I just got back from Playa Del Carmen. We were on the Fascination 9-11-2007. We went to Mamitas beach club which was on Calla 28. The beach club was free and we rented a beach bed that had a tarp for shade. The beach was beautiful and the water was crystal clear. The restrooms were clean. There was a restaurant there too. They also had beah side massages too. It was close to the shopping area too. We took a cab from the beach to 5th Ave and it was three dollars. If you wanna try the beach at Mamitas just ask the cab driver to take you there.

Here's a link that was helpful to me.

http://playazone.wordpress.com/about/beach-clubs/

Hope this helps,

shan9700

Archived