Quest Refit

factor30

Unfortunately there is no better webcam of dock 17 at B&V than this one available, where you can see Azamara Quest´s aft on the left side.

http://www.corporate-planning.com/d/pages/cam/hafenhamburg.php

BTW, Fred Olsen´s Black Prince is in Hamburg at B&V for repair as well.

Just noticed that this is a "live webcam", since I always clicked on it about the same time of day I never noticed it was changing. Will have to come back later tonight to see it in Daylight!

Quest is in drydock in Hamburg - will be there till Oct 5 then she will cross over to Miami arriving Oct 15.

Hoping you (or someone else) will let us know when Quest actually sails out of Hamurg. Your post says October 5 and later posts say October 9. Just am curious to know how many days she is going to be at sea for this refitting and subsequently, how many days in the Port of Miami before her initial 2 day sail.

Curious Minds Got to Know!

Hoping you (or someone else) will let us know when Quest actually sails out of Hamurg. Your post says October 5 and later posts say October 9. Just am curious to know how many days she is going to be at sea for this refitting and subsequently, how many days in the Port of Miami before her initial 2 day sail.

Curious Minds Got to Know!

Hi Albert !

This is what I recall reading....

Quest should be leaving Hamburg for Miami on Monday or Tuesday. I believe she will arrive in Miami around the 20th, and will be doing either 1 or 2 sailings for Travel Agents and VIP's. The first revenue sailing is on 10/24.

I am sure some of our other CC friends can make any corrections to the above, but I should have much of it right.

Watching the webcam at Elbe 17, my DH and I just watched the Quest being towed out to sea. YAHOO!! I did save some of the webcam pictures, but I don't know how to attach them. That was about 7:30 a.m. (MDT).

Marti

Watching the webcam at Elbe 17, my DH and I just watched the Quest being towed out to sea. YAHOO!! I did save some of the webcam pictures, but I don't know how to attach them. That was about 7:30 a.m. (MDT).

Marti

Thanks Marti, I see that and Quest is close to the mouth of the Elbe river now - underway. 15 Days and counting to see her up close :D

I check this thread every day, thinking to myself, "please let there be news or maybe (a bonanza) some photos." Hoping some crew who reads here will post something. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Guess I will have to wait till Quest gets to Florida. . . . . Penny

Penny, you might find it useful to keep a check on the CC 'NEWS' page where Melissa Baldwin, CC's MD, has written her report re the Quest dated 10/10. The item is headed 'Azamara's Second Ship Nears Launch'. She concludes her piece ' Stay tuned for more information'.

Rita

I guess we will all have to wait until she gets over the pond since X did NOT take TAs onboard to have a look while she was still here. I am almost sure she wasn't completely finished yet and the days during the transatlantic were probably being used for finishing the internal work. X would have been crazy not to plan those days for this kind of work.....

I guess we will all have to wait until she gets over the pond since X did NOT take TAs onboard to have a look while she was still here. I am almost sure she wasn't completely finished yet and the days during the transatlantic were probably being used for finishing the internal work. X would have been crazy not to plan those days for this kind of work.....

Hi Moeve !

I am hopeful that Azamara has everything planned out well, and has learned from past experiences. I hope that Quest will be ready to go when she arrives here in next week. I will be on the first revenue sailing on Quest on 10/24. I believe Quest is doing 1 or 2 sailings for TA's and VIP's before my sailing. No, I wasnt invited. I will be sure to report back after my Quest sailings end on 10/31.

Has anyone seen the Quest in Miami? We seem to have lost track of her since she left Europe. Someone in Miami, please take a look and see if you can find her.

Maybe we don't have any Miami people positing on the Azamara threads.....I shall post the same question on Celebrity and RCI.

Do I sound anxious?

Marilyn

Has anyone seen the Quest in Miami? We seem to have lost track of her since she left Europe. Someone in Miami, please take a look and see if you can find her.

Maybe we don't have any Miami people positing on the Azamara threads.....I shall post the same question on Celebrity and RCI.

Do I sound anxious?

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn !

Quest is due to arrive in Miami this Friday.

When the Quest arrives in Miami she will be berthed at Terminal J behind the Royal Caribbean headquarters. As you go over the bridge entering the port, the ship will be to your right.

We will be sailing on her for the travel agent/inaugural events on 10/22 & 10/23. It will be interesting to compare the Quest to the Journey as we had the pleasure of experiencing the Journey during a one week voyage to Bermuda a couple of months ago.

I am confident that after the problems encountered during the introduction of the Journey that the Quest should be a "home run"! I am sure that the last thing that management at Azamara/Celebrity wants is a repeat of that fiasco. I'd love to be a "bug" on the Quest as she makes her way to Miami as workmen and staff prepare her for her first voyage.

Mr. Bill CEO

I am confident that after the problems encountered during the introduction of the Journey that the Quest should be a "home run"! Mr. Bill CEO

I'm not sure that Quest will be a "home run" from day 1. That's pretty hard for any ship on any line to pull off. I'd say Journey is still about a "triple" after a few months to work out the kinks, but I'm confident the Quest will have a much smoother start than Journey and I'm hopeful that both will be home runs eventually.

Hi Everyone !

I know its VERY hard to say if Quest will be a Home Run on her first few sailings, but I am very confident that Azamara will do whatever it takes to have things go as smooth as possible. I will be on the first 2 revenue sailings on 10/24, and 10/26.

Do I expect perfection ? Of course not. However, I always try to be as optimistic as possible. I am very excited that I will have a week on a Cruise, as opposed to a week at work. Hopefully, whatever problems arise (if any), will be minor, and we will have a great Cruise.

I will try my best to post daily reports while onboard, and I will post more detailed reviews when I return home on 10/31.

Issac & Andy,

You guys are right....what am I thinking....home run. I must have the Indians Red Sox game on my mind.

Mr. Bill CEO

Hi Mr Bill CEO !

That could be it :). Unfortunately, my baseball season ended, as I watched the Mets season collapse. On the bright side, I wont have to worry about watching the World Series on Quest.

Hi Marilyn !

Quest is due to arrive in Miami this Friday.

Hi Andy!

Thanks so much for the update. It seemed a very long time for the Quest to cross the Atlantic. I would imagine that they used the entire 10 days to get her up to a triple.

We are not sailing on her until January, but have been following all of the Journey posts and we are really impressed with how things have turned around. Recent reports are really glowing.

Thanks for the great work you are doing with the Azamara threads. We don't take the time to thank you often enough...shame on us!

Have a great time on the 2 day and the 7 day....we will look forward to your reports.

Marilyn

Archived