Quest Refit

factor30

I will "second" the thanks for the aft picture of Quest. We also have an aft cabin and it was great to see it up close.

Andy -- while we have never "met":D -- I have been following your posts both as a "host" (great job:) and as a future Quest cruiser. I will certainly be looking forward to your reviews. We sail on March 1, 2008.

Mr. Bill CEO -- I have followed your posts as well and will certainly look forward to your review as well. While I'm sure it won't be a "home run" I'm sure (or hope) that Azamara learned something from the Journey experience.

Take care

Lucy

I watched Quest enter the Port of Miami at 7:24a this morning from a South Beach webcam. She was led by fire tug spaying fountains of water, what a site to see! :D

The webcams we watch are down. :( Did you get pictures? What webcam do you use?

Marti

Hi XCruiser & Marti !

I tried checking the webcams also, and they look to be down. If anyone has photos of Quest's arrival into Miami this morning, please try to let us know. I would sure love to see some photos. Thanks !

The webcams we watch are down. :( Did you get pictures? What webcam do you use?

Marti

The webcam on the Four Seasons that views the port is down but I used at South Beach webcam at the link below:

http://seemiamilive.com/webcam3big.htm

I was lucky this morning and got control of the webcam and was able to pan it over to the ports entrance just as Quest was arriving. Sorry but I was watching so intently I forgot to snap a picture while I was in control of the webcam.:(

This webcam doesn’t pan far enough to see Quest at its birth in the port. :(

Joel

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, I have a long time to wait to enjoy her but I am so looking forward to reading your reports Andy. However, remember you are on vacation and maybe we should wait for some of the news until you come back; do not want to hear of you being on line rather than having fun :)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, I have a long time to wait to enjoy her but I am so looking forward to reading your reports Andy. However, remember you are on vacation and maybe we should wait for some of the news until you come back; do not want to hear of you being on line rather than having fun :)

I think Andy, as a CC host, has an obligation to us to begin posting reports as soon as he boards. How long can the rest of us wait to hear about Quest??? Live reports are a must, and Andy seems the perfect person to take on that responsibility.

Just teasing, Andy. ;) Hope you have a fabulous time on Quest and we'll look forward to hearing all about it after you return. BTW, you have mail.

Karen

In case anyone missed viewing the webcams this morning, I'm guessing that from the exterior, Quest will look at lot like Journey, which looks a lot like Regatta, which looks a lot like Nautica, which looks a lot like Tahitian Princess... I know you're all excited, but come on. It's not like they snuck an extra deck or smoke stack on there that we're all going to be surprised by.

I'm looking forward to the reports once folks actually get on the ship.

In case anyone missed viewing the webcams this morning, I'm guessing that from the exterior, Quest will look at lot like Journey, which looks a lot like Regatta, which looks a lot like Nautica, which looks a lot like Tahitian Princess... I know you're all excited, but come on. It's not like they snuck an extra deck or smoke stack on there that we're all going to be surprised by.

I'm looking forward to the reports once folks actually get on the ship.

Completely agree...those reports should be verrry interesting.

However, you must forgive the delight and enthusiasm of some of us who have not had the pleasure of seeing those former R ships, to see the Quest on this side of the pond

Marilyn.

Hello to you all.

We are from Holland and will be on Quest from 22nd December till 5th January from Acapulco to Miami (14 nights Eastbound Panama Canal). This will be our first cruise ever so you can imagine that we are very excited about it. Are there more people out there that have booked on that same voyage?

I would very much like to see photos of Quest after the refurnishment in Hamburg so if anyone should have these please share them with us.

Hello to you all.

We are from Holland and will be on Quest from 22nd December till 5th January from Acapulco to Miami (14 nights Eastbound Panama Canal). This will be our first cruise ever so you can imagine that we are very excited about it. Are there more people out there that have booked on that same voyage?

I would very much like to see photos of Quest after the refurnishment in Hamburg so if anyone should have these please share them with us.

Pictures as the Quest was leaving Hamburg are posted on another thread. I'm not sure how to take things from one thread to another, but did copy and paste HOUSTONTX's info below:

http://www.sysnnet.com/ourcruise.html

then click on "Quest Pics" and you're there.

Once you're there, on the small box attached to the bottom of the picture,

you may want to try clicking on the little icon that reads "Watch a slideshow of this album". It's pretty cool.

Hello to you all.

Welcome....Xmascruiser1, if you goto http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=493141

this is the roll call for your cruise.

Dag

Bob

I think Andy, as a CC host, has an obligation to us to begin posting reports as soon as he boards. How long can the rest of us wait to hear about Quest??? Live reports are a must, and Andy seems the perfect person to take on that responsibility.

Just teasing, Andy. ;) Hope you have a fabulous time on Quest and we'll look forward to hearing all about it after you return. BTW, you have mail.

Karen

Hi Host Karen !

Thank you for your well wishes. I am going to try my best to report live from Quest. It will all depend on how well (OR if) the internet works. Please keep an eye out on this board for updates starting on Wednesday or Thursday. More than likely, I will post reports late in the evening. If I do not report anything, please assume there are internet problems. I will always try my best to go the extra mile for my good friends at Cruise Critic.

Hi Uktog !

Thank you for your well wishes. Only a few more days to go for us, and I can hardly wait :)

Hi,

We will be in Acapulco a few days early to enjoy the area. My wife Nancy and Myself have been been to many of the ports of call before and have been to Panama, Belize, Playa Del Carmen Mexico and other and can answer some questions you may have. We are not normally "Cruise Ship" people. We are sailboat sailors and have actually sailed or visited most of these places. One of our most pleasant sailing trips was on a boat owned by a family from Holland, Kris and Erwin Peno. They were incredible and gave us a great appreciation for people and culture of Holland.

Jon and Nancy

Archived