Just Off the MS Victory 8/28/04 Halifax St John NB

starrpiano

Hi Here is a Review

WE HAD CABIN 1344 A VERY GOOD INSIDE CABIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHIP.

Clean, a basket of bathroom goodies, Ice every day, we were also close to the soda machine and laundrymat. Very quit at night

Lido Pool deck band was very good as well as the rest of the live music. The water temperature of the pool water was too cold. I went swimming but not to many did. The Hot tubs were good but the ones that did not have the sign adults only had many kids.

Food and food service was great. We found that it took less time to eat in the dining room than the buffet to eat.

The we enjoyed all the shows the Victory dancers and singers were great. We really liked Kevin in the Irish Sing a long Bar. The cruise director did a good job

IN halifax we didn't take the cruise ship tours. The same tour we would have paid $35 per person we paid with our AAA discount $47 CAN for three people. A Gray line tour City and boat Tour! We took the city bus out of town for $1.75 CAN each to the "Roots" Outlet Store #4 to the #52 takes about an hour but you see how people live there. We got good buys and sent out our tax refund paper work.

We had very good weather I'll Write more later.

We got off the ship at about 10:30am from the Victory. We were going to take a taxi to Penn Station to pick up the LIRR. TLC Man at the Pier gave us a number. I think there were about 300 people at our Pier and what about the other two ship that came in today. So we walked a block to 11th Ave and got a cab in about 2 minutes. The cab to Penn Station cost us $6.10 plus a $2.00 Tip. We took our Port Washington Branch train to Little Neck Station where our car was parked. With City Pass it cost us $2.50 a person. So for the three of us it cost us a total of $15.60 to get out of Manhattan and we were home at about 11:45 AM. If we waited at the Pier I think we would have been home about 3:40 PM. Going in it cost us $4.75 on the LIRR because it was a weekday and that worked well too. Low stress is what we were looking for and not having to worry about parking our car at the Pier. Of course it would have been easyer to have a friend drive us but we couldn't get anyone. But I'll tell you one thing Penn Station had alot of police around it today.

Archived