Can we only carry on luggage?

ashtyn

We are leaving in a few days on a short trip and I was just wondering if it is possible to just carry on what small amount of luggage we are going to take. Basically each of us with a carry on and thats it.

Also, are we allowed to carry on a bottle of wine? I know on other lines that we travel it is allowed without problem.:)

Thanks for your help:)

Yes, you can travel with carryons only. Just remember that the bag has to be small enough to fit through an x-ray machine about the same size as those at the airports.

As to the wine, RCCL's official policy is that they do not allow anyone to bring their own wine onboard.

If it fits thru the scanners (similar to the ones in the airport) you can carry ot on board. The wine bottle - RCI used to have a corking fee and they would serve it at the dinning table. Maybe someone can tell you if that policy still exist.

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them

Airplane travel is not an issue since I live 45 minutes from the port. Just driving over after I get off work Monday around noon. :D

Is there anything else I need to know for a first time RCCL cruiser? I have taken Princess several times and that is all that I am familiar with. I just know their rules and how they allow so much more:rolleyes:

Airplane travel is not an issue since I live 45 minutes from the port. Just driving over after I get off work Monday around noon. :D

Is there anything else I need to know for a first time RCCL cruiser? I have taken Princess several times and that is all that I am familiar with. I just know their rules and how they allow so much more:rolleyes:

Your best bet would probably be to go to the RCCL website and familiarize yourself with the guest policies and terms. Check out the FAQ's and so forth.

We are leaving in a few days on a short trip and I was just wondering if it is possible to just carry on what small amount of luggage we are going to take. Basically each of us with a carry on and thats it.

I've been on two shorter cruises (3 days & 5 days) and I only had a small carry on. The airlines accepted it as did RCI. :) This was so easy! Wish I could always pack like that.

Archived