How many cruising for the Holidays

emmylou

We'll be on the Christmas Market Cruise on Amadeus Amalegro Dec. 13 - 23, starting with a few days in Prague and ending river cruise in Budapest. This will be my first river cruise after many ocean cruises, so I'm anxious to try something different - I also look forward to the Gingerbread and Gluhwein at the Christmas markets. I'll do my best to keep a daily report so I can post a review here after the trip.

jisgrig,

We'll be on the cruise just before you from Budapest. Like you I cant wait for the spiced wine and great food. My wife and I were talking this weekend and we both hopes it snows. A white Christmas in Europe, THAT would be cool!

Bob and Carol

jisgrig & boballen,

We are on the ms ravel with GCT Tours and we will be leaving on Nov.28th and will be returning on Dec.12th.

Am surprised there aren't more cruising for the holidays maybe they are going more for the large cruise ships for the holidays.

emmy

We'll be on the Christmas Market Cruise on Amadeus Amalegro Dec. 13 - 23, starting with a few days in Prague and ending river cruise in Budapest. This will be my first river cruise after many ocean cruises, so I'm anxious to try something different - I also look forward to the Gingerbread and Gluhwein at the Christmas markets. I'll do my best to keep a daily report so I can post a review here after the trip.

Did this last year on the Viking Spirit..spent Christmas Eve and Day in Vienna and then took the train (quite an experience) to Budapest...It was wonderful..and every market was different..with different items..if you see something (I'm not a big shopper but my DH celebrates the holiday 365 days a year..you should see our house!) buy it..because..it might not be in the next market...eg..a wreath made out of straw in Nuremburg..never saw any more...and "Santas"..only saw them in Vienna..the rest of the markets had "Christmas Angels"..which were beautiful..but not Santa..which Kenneth collects! LuAnn (no snow but it was "crisp" that..from a So Cal girl!!!! who thinks 55 is like at the bottom of any temp gage)

Did this last year on the Viking Spirit..spent Christmas Eve and Day in Vienna and then took the train (quite an experience) to Budapest...It was wonderful..and every market was different..with different items..if you see something (I'm not a big shopper but my DH celebrates the holiday 365 days a year..you should see our house!) buy it..because..it might not be in the next market...eg..a wreath made out of straw in Nuremburg..never saw any more...and "Santas"..only saw them in Vienna..the rest of the markets had "Christmas Angels"..which were beautiful..but not Santa..which Kenneth collects! LuAnn (no snow but it was "crisp" that..from a So Cal girl!!!! who thinks 55 is like at the bottom of any temp gage)

LuAnn,

Thank you for the shopping tips at the Christmas markets. I'm sure I'll be packing a collapsible bag to brings gifts and Christmas decorations back. I'm ready for some "crisp" weather as I live in Texas and it is still in the 90s. Grew up in Iowa so I can handle any cold weather that the Danube will throw my way in December - some snow to go along with it would be icing on the cake. joel

Archived