Cruising on the Zuiderdam

Williebill

Bill,

Since I have been on both the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam, I can say that the experience was very much the same for me. The staff on both ships were wonderful. I was very sad to say goodby on both occasions. If you care about decor, the Zuiderdam has some brighter colors but that doesn't bother me at all. Everything else is very similar. We only chose the Westerdam again for the itinerary.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

Pam

I just wanted to comment back to cmacf1 about Disney. Our first cruise was on the Disney magic. The kids were then 7 and 10. It is an experience like only Disney can make. What is really impressive is the level of spit and polish even in the presence of hundreds of kids. The children's programs are excellent and there are places for only adults as well. The rotational dining concept is great and the food pretty good, although it was my first cruise. The specialty restaurant, Palo's, is really good (for adults only). The chocolate souffle is heavenly. We also really liked the brunch. Since it is during the day, it is a fantastic view. One of the best things they do is have family entertainment. You can go see the comedian for the early show where the kids are welcomed to sit front and center, and later for the late show for some more adult humor. I was impressed. There is something for everyone. My 10 year old cried for 30 minutes after we left the ship. Now that's a compliment!

With kids, Disney was special, but I would never do it without kids.

Bill,

Since I have been on both the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam, I can say that the experience was very much the same for me. The staff on both ships were wonderful. I was very sad to say goodby on both occasions. If you care about decor, the Zuiderdam has some brighter colors but that doesn't bother me at all. Everything else is very similar. We only chose the Westerdam again for the itinerary.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

Pam

Thank you!

Bill

Archived