questions about splendor of the seas cruise to europe

HMB1950

my family and i are considering booking the 7 day cruise to europe....i have a few questions

- don't the europeas all take a month or longer vacation in the middle of july? when i was in france about 7 yrs ago it seemed that many shops were not open because everyone was on vacation. If we go towards the middle of july will many places be open?

-are there many kids on this cruise? our 10 yr old nephew will be going and our 18 yr old daughter wiill be with us.

-the only other rccl ship we've been on is the navigator...how does the splendor compare to the voyager class ships?

any help would be appreciated! thanks!

I cannot comment on cruising in Europe (well at least not yet :) ) but I can comment on the Splendour of the Seas.

It is one of my favourite RCI ships that I have been on. She made her debut in March/April of 1996 & I sailed her in 1997 with Captain Johnny at the helm and have also sailed on the Navigator and Mariner. Half the size of Navigator I think it would be a perfect ship to cruise in Europe.

One of the nicest features is the amount of glass used on this ship which is a Vision Class . The dining room (2 levels) IMO is one of the nicest I have seen with floor to ceiling glass. This is the one feature of this ship that stands out in my mind. It also has a very nice mini golf course Splendour of the Greens of which the holes are modeled after famous golf courses. It also has a solarium with a retractable roof ( at least it was supposed to be :) The Windjammer Cafe also has an outdoor area to sit and have breakfast or lunch.

Of course it does not have a promenade or the other features of the Voyager class but I would have no problem sailing this wonderful ship again even after sailing two Voyager Class ships.

Comments from people who have sailed on her recently would be interesting to see how she has faired since I sailed on her.

Hope this helps....

Emmy :)

Archived