Help me find a day resort in Mazatlan?

lighthouse206

Hello:

I realize most of the Mazatlan resorts offer day passes.....

Here's what I'm looking for, someplace that is:

1. Reasonably quiet, relatively uncrowded, clean, exclusive, etc....

2. Amazing beach WITHOUT a lot vendors harassing us (is this even possible?)

3. Access to watersports such as parasailing and jetskis.

4. Nice grounds, pool, etc., except we will be using the beach primarily...

Price is not the primary concern, quality is.. Any suggestions as to where we should go? Thanks very much!

We have been to the Playa Mazatlan and it's not too bad. As Maz goes, it's not quite as upscale as you might find in Cabo or P.V. The Playa had ok food and booze and the pool wasn't too bad. The vendors on the beach are not allowed past a certain point so if you pick chairs inside the "no go" zone you will be fine. There is parasailing, waverunners and other water activities right there. You should be happy with this one.

We have been to the Playa Mazatlan and it's not too bad. As Maz goes, it's not quite as upscale as you might find in Cabo or P.V. The Playa had ok food and booze and the pool wasn't too bad. The vendors on the beach are not allowed past a certain point so if you pick chairs inside the "no go" zone you will be fine. There is parasailing, waverunners and other water activities right there. You should be happy with this one.

Thanks! A few questions... Do you know the prices for use? Is there an all-inclusive you pay x for all the drinks you want, etc? Can you rent a shade on the beach? Far from the cruise port?

Thanks! A few questions... Do you know the prices for use? Is there an all-inclusive you pay x for all the drinks you want, etc? Can you rent a shade on the beach? Far from the cruise port?

I actually can't answer those questions because we were there on a ship's tour (before we learned to arrange these things for ourselves) so the cost would have been more for us. I have other knowledge of the resort because we've been to Maz on a land based holiday. My advise to you would be to do what I did with the Marival in PV, email them. Most hotels will respond quickly.

Archived