Massage/Spa - Sante Wellness Center

Mervyn

Just returned from a great cruise with the NCL Sea, and my girlfriend and I both agreed that the highlight of the trip, because it was such a nice surprise, was our day at the Sante Wellness Center on Roatan. Afterwards we spoke with others who went to West End and got some massages there, and it sounds like we made the right choice!

The spa center is an amazing place, a beautiful big house built in the middle of nowhere, and right by the water with a superb coral reef just a few yards out. The owners are Leon and Angela - Leon takes you snorkelling while Angela's in charge of all the spa stuff.

Luciana, my girlfriend, had a facial and mud wrap and told me it was the best she`d ever had, while I went snorkelling (fabulous - came across a 5 foot nurse shark just a few feet below us!) and then took a massage. Costs are about half what you`d pay in the US.

It was one of those places where you don`t really know what to expect, and when you`ve done it you`ve got a memory to last for years. I think it was the isolation and beauty of the surroundings that really got to me as I lay in the hammock on their varanda and listened to the breeze in the palms and watched the sun glint on the blue blue sea. I wish I was back there!

Angela asked me to mention their website, and I`m happy to: www.santewellnesscenter.com

Good luck to Leon and Angela, because they deserve it.

My sister and I have appts. at Angelas spa this next week. We sail Sept.4th. on the Sea. :) Angela has been very gracious towards us and all of our questions. I am looking forward to spending some time with them on their little Paradise.

So silly to be worried about smoking!------------- I will probably be in such awe that I will forget that I even do smoke!:o Thanks again -will let you know how it went and appreciate your encouragement! Wish you were going with us!!!!DJDQ(Debby)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived