"Next Cruise" question

We just got back from sailing the Empress of the Seas 9/22 to Bermuda. On the second day of the cruise we went to the Loyalty Ambassador and filled out a "Next Cruise" form and handed it in. She entered it into her computer and printed out a sheet that she attached to the form we handed in. She asked if we would like to charge it to the same credit card as our "sea pass" which we said yes. She thanked us and told us that we would receive conformation through our email account. It is now 10/3 and still no word or for that matter no charge to the credit card. Should we have received conformation by now? I have emailed RCL today with the same question but I wanted other feedback. I really do not want to loose the OBC due to a mistake she made.

Ron:(

I bought two next cruise options last year. Same thing happened to me. It took a few weeks to show up on my credit card. You will be fine as long as you have that reservation number on the copy she gave you.

The charge did not show on my sea pass card, but showed as a seperate entry.

Good luck .

Sue

The plot thickens...we were never given anything at the time we booked the Next Cruise. Afterreading your post I went back and checked other charges to our credit card and it was there, posted the day after we booked. But we have no reservation number since we were told the information would be in our conformation email which we have not recieved.

Ron

Ughhhh...they gave me a paper that had the confirmation number on it.

Since you have the receipt on the credit card, that is a good thing. They will have to issue you a reservation number. Did you by chance get a business card from the LA you dealt with ?

I guess you need to call customer service and explain you never received your confirmation. Don't let them cancel your charge...just have them issue you a reservation number to book at a future time so you don't lose the OBC.

My copies for the next cruise vouchers did show up in my cabin before the end of the cruise. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sue

I received my own email confirmation 2 days post cruise. But somehow I managed to delete it before printing it. All it took was a call to RCI customer support. They looked up the number and re-emailed me the receipt.

The LA on Enchantment told me the hardest part is reading the writing of some of the guests - that means the email address might not be properly entered into the confirmation form - meaning you will not get your email confirmation.

Just call RCI - they'll have you in their system and be able to supply you with your booking numbers. Unless of course the LA really messed up which I'm not saying couldn't happen but is probably quite rare.

Archived