appropriate or not?

live4vacation

We were looking at the party boat tour for our stop in Grenada. Since we will only be there for a short time we would prefer to do an excursion through Princess. They offer beach & snorkel and then a live band and drinks on the way back. We have been on one before but did not get out of hand at all. Just wondering if this excursion is appropriate for our 3 yo. Any advice?

Haven't been on that one (never done Princess) but have seen other "party boat tours". My only concern in MY family would be getting my 3 year old to sit and behave herself on the boat and not go running around.

On tender boats she's fine. And on excursion boats that take you TO the excursion, she is fine. But I don't know how she would do having a longer period of time on the boat.

So how is your child?

If I did bring my tot, I'd bring a life jacket from home so they could wear it on the excursion. From my younger days, I remember a lot of drunk people on these excursions, but I think my toddlers would enjoy the music, etc. I'd just be afraid of the idea of having to hold onto them every minute, especially since the sea can be a bit choppy, so I wouldn't choose this one. As Michelle said, tenders are fine with my toddlers, but I have my hands on them the whole time.

Best,

Mia

Just read a brilliant Caribbean cruise guide, it goes into detail about tours. It very clearly states for families to avoid anything with "party boat" in the title. It is by Fodors, hope this helps.

I do not think those party boat tours are for kids of any age. I've seen some pretty raw behavior on those tours with some pretty explicit sexual behavior and words I wouldn't want my child to hear. The booze flows freely and the behaviors by the adults gets worse as the time goes on.

My dh and I did a "party boat" excursion on a X cruise we took before we had kids -- and I don't think I was old enough for it... LOL. Even though everyone on the boat was a lot older than us -- and looked more refined too -- almost everyone got drunk and VERY rowdy. That experience would prompt me to say you may not want to take your toddler on this one. :)

Archived