Cozumel-Driving the Island

nasvhillecruise

I am thinking of renting a jeep & driving around the island (I'm one of those A-type personalities who feels like she has to see EVERYTHING possible in the time alloted). I also want to spend some time at Paradise Beach with DH & DS (5). Actually, the PB part is more for them, since I have active excursions planned for every other port.

My question is, for those of you who have rented a jeep & driven the island, about how long does it take? I figure we'll make several stops for pics & drinks, but then I wanted at least 3 or so hours at PB. We'll be in port from 8 to 5. Is there enough time to see the island, then relax at PB?

Yes there should be plenty of time to do the driving around the island and Paradise Beach. We rented a jeep last time we were there. We explored different areas and went to a nice beach I think on the east of the island. The waves were nice to watch. Then we went back to Paradise Beach for a couple of hours. We ate a late lunch there and rented some wave runners. Plenty of time.....

Thanks for the input. I was thinking there would be time, but wanted to make sure DH & DS would have plenty of time to play at the beach. Plus, DH refuses to drive so I'll be the tour guide. By the time we get to the beach, I'm sure my nerves will be ready for a fru fru drink.

• 1 month later...
Any suggestions of must-sees if we choose to drive the islands. I'm definitely planning on doing the wilder side of the island. I know there's a restaurant over there that everyone says has GREAT views.

That would be coconuts, there are several other places to stop such as the natural bridge located near the south east tip, enjoy your trip and kinda wing it.

We are also planning to rent a jeep on our dec 20-24 trip. Any idea how much it will cost and how long they let you keep it?

Check with cozumel insider dot com for priceing info. Make sure to get 0 deduct on the insurance.

That would be coconuts, there are several other places to stop such as the natural bridge located near the south east tip, enjoy your trip and kinda wing it.

Thanks! Winging it is what I do best. Just wanna make sure I don't miss any "must sees." Although I guess since there appears to be only one main road around the island, with the exception of the cut through road, I can't miss too much!

We are also planning to rent a jeep on our dec 20-24 trip. Any idea how much it will cost and how long they let you keep it?

I have read several threads about renting jeeps. One person mentioned that they chose to rent a jeep when they got there rather than reserving in advance, but they took a copy of the cost from a website. The company initially quoted higher prices but when the customer showed the printout, they honored the lower price.

Archived