QM2 Tea Time

sailboy

Just wanted to make a positive observation. We have been on a total of 29 cruises and were extremely impressed with the Tea Time on the QM2. The atmosphere, ambience, selections and service were outstanding. We arrived there early so got great seating and service. Kudos to Cunard.

Just wanted to make a positive observation. We have been on a total of 29 cruises and were extremely impressed with the Tea Time on the QM2. The atmosphere, ambience, selections and service were outstanding. We arrived there early so got great seating and service. Kudos to Cunard.

Dear sailboy,

I totally agree with you about the experience of a Tea Time service on the QM2.

The Queens Room is a special place to experience it even though they do offer tea in other areas of the ship. But, it's not the same.

I do agree about getting there abit earlier since there is quite a line outside of the door while they are setting it up inside. I like to get there before the doors close, get a seat and read a good book while they setup. This avoids the traffic jam upon opening. "The Early Bird Catches The Worm" sort of.

It's also great to start the Tea Time at the beginning of the service to experience it during the full Tea Time. Having good company with you makes it's a delightful social time. Don't forget those Scones and Cream!

Also, some will tell you, that it will be easier to get a seat towards the end of the cruise. As the thrill is over attending it early on in the cruise especially the last day of the voyage.

What Is The Dress Code In The Queens Room For Tea? First Timer Real Soon!

Dear TPCRUISER2,

Since Tea Time is held approx 3:30PM to 4:30PM, it is casual dress.

True Evening Dress Code really starts about 6PM, Dinner Time except for the days which the Captain Welcome Parties are held along with the other designated Formal Nights.

It is not a true high tea, so fancy dress is not indicated.

Welcome, Potential QM2 Cruiser

It is not a true high tea, so fancy dress is not indicated.

Welcome, Potential QM2 Cruiser

It is not high tea at all. It is afternoon tea. High tea is an entirely different thing.

David

Indeed. On QE2 the Queens Grill Lounge resembled an undertaker's waiting room:). We went once. No shorts allowed BTW, but otherwise dress code is casual.

On the QM2, once I went to the Queens Grill Lounge for tea, I'd never go back to the Queens Room. The QR is just one big mass of people. The QGL is elegant and serene, with much better service and a slightly better choice of sandwiches, (rolls as well as bread with crusts removed) it seemed.

On QE2 the Queens Grill Lounge resembled an undertaker's waiting room:).

The QGL is elegant and serene

I agree with you on both statements. You have missed out the obvious answer as to why you should take tea in the QGL - because you can:) (I admit that all those geriatric serfs hanging about isn't conducive to an enjoyable time but you really only need to ignore them).

I agree with you on both statements. You have missed out the obvious answer as to why you should take tea in the QGL - because you can:) (I admit that all those geriatric serfs hanging about isn't conducive to an enjoyable time but you really only need to ignore them).

Is this the Real Sir Martin or one of the impostors?:rolleyes:

No. You take tea on your balcony because you can. Knowing that the steerage passengers are down below in the Queens' Grill lounge.

At least that is the way of things on the Queen Elizabeth 2.

Matthew

Is this the Real Sir Martin or one of the impostors?:rolleyes:

The Real Sir Martin has asked me to say that he is indisposed. He says he is dying, but then he's a bloke. It is, in fact, a recurrence of Lazyitis, something to which he has been a martyr all his life.

He and the other Sir Martin who sometimes posts have, rather worryingly, formed an unholy alliance and the Real Sir Martin has nominated Sir Martin to post on his behalf until he recovers. I do hope that is clear, but rather doubt it.

Some are born to care; some have caring thrust upon them. I fall into the latter camp and am thus already deeply fed up with the patient.

Mary

What's the point? Nobody can see you. At least they can't see you on one of those forward facing balconies that belong to the cabin I've got with Penny next year:)

Which is why you use the other balcony.....

I shall be testing you Sir Martin - if you're not in that suite you will be found out!

Matthew

Some are born to care; some have caring thrust upon them. I fall into the latter camp and am thus already deeply fed up with the patient.

Mary

I find Warfarin is an excellent tonic for poorly pussy cats. Try 20mg daily.

Matthew

It really works that well? Can you send some immediately to surf Mary?

I think, with due deference Sir Martin, you may mean serf. I don't surf, and never have; the waves here are not up to the job.

Trembling with awe in the presence of greatness, Mary

The Real Sir Martin has asked me to say that he is indisposed. He says he is dying, but then he's a bloke. It is, in fact, a recurrence of Lazyitis, something to which he has been a martyr all his life.

Mary

Perhaps a visit from HRHugeness would cheer him up--I am willing to buy the plane ticket for her for the visit. Can you tell that she is not in my good graces at the moment?

Bettie

Archived