Spa Questions

emen822

We're taking a girls-only cruise in December and were thinking of treating ourselves to the spa. We might stay on the ship in one of the ports and was thinking that should be the day. I vaguely remember seeing fliers for the spa on port days and the prices were much cheaper. Here are my questions:

Does anyone have copies of those fliers so we can an idea of prices?

Does anyone have any copies of the spa fliers that would show the type of treatments they offer?

Would my 16 year old nieces be able to get something done at the spa?

And, of course, I would love to hear any spa treatments that you suggest. We are all "spa virgins". ;)

Thanks for your help.

I can only answer a few of your questions.

I don't know if your 16 year old niece will be eligible for the adult treatments, but they do have something called the Y-Spa which is treatments specifically geared for teens so she will be able to get some kind of treatment.

My personal favorite thing to do is combine some type of massage with a facial. My favorite massage is the seaweed wrap.

Sometimes after treatments they will try to press product on you. Just be firm and polite and say no thank you. I personally like the products but they are expensive.

We're taking a girls-only cruise in December and were thinking of treating ourselves to the spa. We might stay on the ship in one of the ports and was thinking that should be the day. I vaguely remember seeing fliers for the spa on port days and the prices were much cheaper. Here are my questions:

Does anyone have copies of those fliers so we can an idea of prices?

Does anyone have any copies of the spa fliers that would show the type of treatments they offer?

Would my 16 year old nieces be able to get something done at the spa?

And, of course, I would love to hear any spa treatments that you suggest. We are all "spa virgins". ;)

Thanks for your help.

The prices seem to vary (probably within some range) and are up to the manager so any "specials" that you see may be a one time good or bad deal.

Under 18 must be accompied by an adult for certain treatments. You can speak to the spa folks about arrangements.

Enjoy :)

Most of the port day specials are like this:

$79 for 3 20 minute treatments

$99 for 5 20 minute treatments

$109 for all 20 minute treatments

Here's what I remember them to be - scalp treatment, hand and foot massage, back massage, facial, head and shoulder massage, reflexology Obviously I am missing a choice - can't think what it is - it might be an exfoliating scrub. If you are a spa virgin, this is a great introduction to what all the different services are. I highly recommend it especially on a girls trip!

Gratuity is generally between 15-20%

I did hear about some teen spa treatments. When I get home tonight, I will check to see if I kept any of the fliers. I have a feeling I tossed them after being home for awhile.

As far as gratuity, you say is 15-20% - is that automatically added on there? And does the same person do all the treatments? For example, if I decided to do the 3 for $79, am I tipping 3 separate people? Or is this all just added onto the seapass account and they divide it amongst themselves?

Archived