Favorite thing about Cozumel??

RoadTripFanatic

I need help. I've been to Cozumel several times and I am not in love with the port. We are now going there on our cruise since Hurricane Dean wiped out Costa Maya. :( What is your favorite thing to do there? Everyone seems to like going there except us. Can you help us find something fun to do? We are traveling w/ a 7 yo. We will be traveling on Carnival.

I need help. I've been to Cozumel several times and I am not in love with the port. We are now going there on our cruise since Hurricane Dean wiped out Costa Maya. :( What is your favorite thing to do there? Everyone seems to like going there except us. Can you help us find something fun to do? We are traveling w/ a 7 yo. We will be traveling on Carnival.

We usually grab a cab and hit a beach. So far we have been to Playa Palancar, Paradise Beach, Chankanaab Park, Dzul Ha, Palmar Beach Club and a ride to Coconuts. We have enjoyed all of them. To pick one favorite is almost impossible. Then there is shopping in San Miguel and ALL of the glorious food. If I had a kid along, I would probably opt for Paradise beach or Chank.

Personally, I didn't care for Costa Maya. Been there twice and if I go back, it will be a trip to Chac chi or Maya Palms. But that is just my picks.

Take a look at what the Cozumel Foundation of Parks and Museums has to offer; many are great for kids. Most all kids enjoy the beach and Chankanaab Park has lots to offer, both educational and fun.

Discover Mexico is another great opportunity to know all about Mexico in a presentation of scale model miniatures. Very reasonable at $20 and it takes about 90 minutes to really enjoy the theme park; all indoors and very comfortable.

Archived