Getting From Amsterdam to Rotterdam

We recently returned from a Baltic cruise that departed from Rotterdam. I contracted with Private Holland Travel to pick us up in Amsterdam at our hotel and give us a tour of the surrounding countryside before dropping us at the pier. Wynand, the owner, was wonderful and very accomodating. Check out his website and ask some questions. He's very responsive and may offer you the solution that you need. As I recall, the cost for the day was about 250 euro. When you figure in the cost to taxi your way to the train station from your hotel, train tickets and handling all the luggage, and taxi your way to the pier in Rotterdam - it might make sense to go this route. http://www.privatehollandtravel.com

We took train from Amsterdam central station to Rotterdam central station. From there, we took taxi to the cruise terminal. There were a lot of trains between Amsterdam and Rotterdam. The train ride was around 55 minutes.

I don't remember the exact prices, but it's around 15 Euros per person for the train ticket, and the taxi ride was also around 15 Euros (per taxi).

• 2 weeks later...

Try to travel outside rushhours as trains can be very full. I also suggest to travel 1st class which gives you more space. But please keep an eye on your luggage at all times.

You will have to put your luggage into and from the train yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The trainride is no problem. The station in Rotterdam is. They are rebuilding the station area and are replacing the stationbuilding for a new one. You are now arriving at a temporary station and it is a long walk to either a bus or a taxi. There are also no elevators from the platform to the walking area. The station remains a building site until 2011, they have only started in July or August this year.

So yes, the train from Amsterdam to Rotterdam is cheaper, but a tour is much more comfortable.

Wanda

Archived