What ship next?

I have been on AOS and MOS and had a great time on both. I am planning my vacation for next summer and would like to try another family of ships, but don't know which ones to try. I travel with teens so I need a ship that would keep them happy. I am not looking to go bigger right now because I can only travel during the summer and the prices are too high for thoses ships right now.

What ship would you recommed that would make up all happy and not feel like we are missing out since it is not a voyager family ship.

Well,if you dont want to go up(Freedom class),step down one class to the Radiance class..........

check out the itineraries and see which one you like best.........

PS.........and by stepping down,I mean only in size......it certainly is not a downgrade in anyways.............

depends on what itinerary you're looking for. If you're going to the Caribbean I would definatly recommend a Freedom class ship. We were slightly worried about the size of the crowds on Liberty of the Seas but the ship is incredible, we never would have known how many people were on the ship...there's so much to do and see that there's never really an overcrowded time. No matter which ship you choose I hope you love it

The Radiance family of ships are wonderful & I don't think you or your teenagers would have a problem going down in size. They still have the teen hangouts that the larger ships have, mini-golf, golf simulator, basketball court, rock wall, ping-pong, etc. While they don't have an ice rink (which is a great show to see) they have the self-leveling pool tables which are alot of fun to use. No J. Rockets but they have a great selection of food at the Seaview Cafe (right above the Windjammer), and the Solarium has a great little food area too.

If you try this class I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We have the same dilemma as you. We can only travel during the summer because our teens are in school. We've been on almost all the Voyager class ships, and on the most popular itineraries, and wish to try something new/different. However, Freedom/Liberty are about $1200-2000 more expensive in total for the four of us. And the Radiance class ships are in Alaska or Europe during the summer, which are also budget-prohibitive especially after factoring in the expensive airfare involved.

We ended up doing Mariner twice, once eastern and once western. We've done the Aruba route on Adventure once, and we have the Barbadoes route booked. We looked into Explorer for next summer leaving from NJ for 9 nights to Canada and New England. Since we can drive to the port, the price is the same. It's still a Voyager class ship, but at least the itinerary is unique - 6 places we've never been to before. As well, we are looking into Mariner on the West Coast b/c we can usually get reasonable airfare to the LA area, however at the moment, the cruise fare is kind of high compared to Caribbean routes.

We would only consider Freedom or Radiance class as an alternative to Voyager class, however they are out of our price range for summer sailings. (Excursions on an Alaskan cruise are very expensive too).

We have the same dilemma as you. We can only travel during the summer because our teens are in school. We've been on almost all the Voyager class ships, and on the most popular itineraries, and wish to try something new/different. However, Freedom/Liberty are about $1200-2000 more expensive in total for the four of us. And the Radiance class ships are in Alaska or Europe during the summer, which are also budget-prohibitive especially after factoring in the expensive airfare involved.

We ended up doing Mariner twice, once eastern and once western. We've done the Aruba route on Adventure once, and we have the Barbadoes route booked. We looked into Explorer for next summer leaving from NJ for 9 nights to Canada and New England. Since we can drive to the port, the price is the same. It's still a Voyager class ship, but at least the itinerary is unique - 6 places we've never been to before. As well, we are looking into Mariner on the West Coast b/c we can usually get reasonable airfare to the LA area, however at the moment, the cruise fare is kind of high compared to Caribbean routes.

We would only consider Freedom or Radiance class as an alternative to Voyager class, however they are out of our price range for summer sailings. (Excursions on an Alaskan cruise are very expensive too).

Yes, it really is more expensive to travel when school is out of session. Although we don't have any children at home anymore we still would like to travel in the summer on occassion (or at spring break time) but the prices always take us back to the fall/winter time.

Keep an eye out for the RCI Crown & Anchor Saving Certificates on sailings you might be interested in for the summer....that can help a little bit at least.

Good luck.

I am also looking into the AOS Aruba route as well. We already did the Barbados route. I am already looking into MOS for 2009 when it does the Mexico route. That is a must for us. Did the MOS in August and had a great time. Just don't know where to go next summer would like to try something different. Never really looked into the EOS Canada and New England route, I will looked into that route. We can drive to that port as well.

I am really not interested in visiting the same ports again since I only been on 2 cruises. I want to visit different places, but most of the larger ships due to their size visit all of the same places in the Carribbean.

I am also looking into the AOS Aruba route as well. We already did the Barbados route. I am already looking into MOS for 2009 when it does the Mexico route. That is a must for us. Did the MOS in August and had a great time. Just don't know where to go next summer would like to try something different. Never really looked into the EOS Canada and New England route, I will looked into that route. We can drive to that port as well.

I am really not interested in visiting the same ports again since I only been on 2 cruises. I want to visit different places, but most of the larger ships due to their size visit all of the same places in the Carribbean.

EOS is sailing that itinerary on 7/3/08 and 7/31/08. It looks expensive at first, but consider that it is 9 days and no airfare. AOS for August 2008 is pretty reasonably priced too.

For us, unless they put a Radiance class ship in the Caribbean or on the East Coast during the summer, we won't be able to afford our dream of sailing on one any time soon.

We went on Enchantment of the Seas this summer and enjoyed it so much that we booked it again for spring break. It is only a 5-night cruise, but it was very nice and we had a wonderful time.

I think it depends on how long you want to go for... We are going on the Sovereign next week and then again in December. Scary thought, but these will be our 3rd and 4th times on SOS this year. We have been on many of the RCCL ships and have loved them all.

I have been on AOS and MOS and had a great time on both. I am planning my vacation for next summer and would like to try another family of ships, but don't know which ones to try. I travel with teens so I need a ship that would keep them happy. I am not looking to go bigger right now because I can only travel during the summer and the prices are too high for thoses ships right now.

What ship would you recommed that would make up all happy and not feel like we are missing out since it is not a voyager family ship.

I hope this helps.

Of course I would suggest a Freedom Class ship (especially with teens), but if that is not in the cards here is my suggestion.

As much as I love the Radiance class ships, I would recommend any of them, it is importnat to keep in mind that they are smaller then the Voyager class ships and have less activities for the teens. Additionally if you or the children value the Royal Promenade - Radiance class ships do not have this feature.

With that in mind, I would recommend the Navigator of the Seas. I have been on 4 of the 5 Voyager class ships (AOS is my favorite), but I really love the Navigator. I can't tell you what is different about that ship, but it really is special. The crew is excellent, the ship is great and it has all of the features of the Voyager class. Check out the Navigator, you will not be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived