Foo-Foo Drinks Please …….

Hello Everyone,

I check everyday for new reviews here on CC for Fantasy out of NOLA but unfortunately, there hasn’t been one in awhile. So I end up just reading other Carnival ship reviews. Is it just me, or does it seem like Conquest Reviewers write, not only the most detailed reviews, but also, the most interesting ones? If you have not read Conquest’s ship review, do so, and look for Machman’s review! It is awesome.

My questions:

1. Having read Conquest’s review, does the Fantasy out of NOLA also have mardi gras?

2. Ladies, which of the foo-foo drinks is your favorite, and can you share a picture of that drink, please!!!

3. Besides the Chocolate Melting Cake, what is your favorite dessert?

4. Gentlemen, this question is for my husband, which beer is better, the draft or can? My question is, which is cheaper?

Thank you so very much for all your response.

I just got back from the Fantasy on Saturday - haven't had time to write a review yet, maybe today! This "back to the real world" is depressing! As to your questions, I don't remember any Mardi Gras activity, but I could have missed it. I loved the "Kiss on the Lips" - mixture of peach and strawberry daiquiri I think; it was delicious! The Funship Special on the first day is good too, but was VERY strong! A Miami Vice was good, too. I tried the Goombay Smash and drank it all, but didn't order a second. I didn't drink the beer, so can't comment on that. The melting cake was my favorite, but there were others too that were good... the cherries jubillee and the baked alaska were very good. A friend got the cheesecake and said it was good. heck, it ALL looked good! Enjoy every second! If you have any questions, fire away! I seem to do better at answering direct questions than starting a review from scratch.

Hello Everyone,

I check everyday for new reviews here on CC for Fantasy out of NOLA but unfortunately, there hasn’t been one in awhile. So I end up just reading other Carnival ship reviews. Is it just me, or does it seem like Conquest Reviewers write, not only the most detailed reviews, but also, the most interesting ones? If you have not read Conquest’s ship review, do so, and look for Machman’s review! It is awesome.

My questions:

1. Having read Conquest’s review, does the Fantasy out of NOLA also have mardi gras?

2. Ladies, which of the foo-foo drinks is your favorite, and can you share a picture of that drink, please!!!

3. Besides the Chocolate Melting Cake, what is your favorite dessert?

4. Gentlemen, this question is for my husband, which beer is better, the draft or can? My question is, which is cheaper?

Thank you so very much for all your response.

We arranged our own Mardi Gras Party :D

I'm not as much into Foo Foo drinks... the Miami Vice is good, the Kiss on the Lips a lot of people like, but it only has peach schnapps, mango nectar and grenadine... I don't pay that much for a drink for no liquor :p LOL I would say my favorite is the twilight zone, pictured below...

Again, not a big dessert fan... can't help there.

I'm not a gentleman, but I do drink beer :p I've never seen draft beer of a ship, so can't answer that either.

1207154540048299733S200x200Q85.jpg

I just got back from the Fantasy on Saturday - haven't had time to write a review yet, maybe today! This "back to the real world" is depressing! As to your questions, I don't remember any Mardi Gras activity, but I could have missed it. I loved the "Kiss on the Lips" - mixture of peach and strawberry daiquiri I think; it was delicious! The Funship Special on the first day is good too, but was VERY strong! A Miami Vice was good, too. I tried the Goombay Smash and drank it all, but didn't order a second. I didn't drink the beer, so can't comment on that. The melting cake was my favorite, but there were others too that were good... the cherries jubillee and the baked alaska were very good. A friend got the cheesecake and said it was good. heck, it ALL looked good! Enjoy every second! If you have any questions, fire away! I seem to do better at answering direct questions than starting a review from scratch.

Yummm, thanks for all the choices. "Kiss on the Lips"? I may feel strange ordering that from a female server! lol. I won't drink anything that's VERY strong, so the Funship Special is out, but I will try all the rest.

I have not read from any of the "older" reviews that Fantasy have Mardi Gras, and you'd think coming out of NOLA, that it would. Based on the other ships review, like the Conquest, Mardi Gras sounds like a lot of fun . And I still have till Nov. 4th to change our plans, and we may just drive to Galveston, instead of New Orleans.

So, for all of you who has been on ships that does have Mardi Gras, is it worth driving 344 MORE miles?

Thanks again.

We arranged our own Mardi Gras Party :D

I'm not as much into Foo Foo drinks... the Miami Vice is good, the Kiss on the Lips a lot of people like, but it only has peach schnapps, mango nectar and grenadine... I don't pay that much for a drink for no liquor :p LOL I would say my favorite is the twilight zone, pictured below...

Again, not a big dessert fan... can't help there.

I'm not a gentleman, but I do drink beer :p I've never seen draft beer of a ship, so can't answer that either.

1207154540048299733S200x200Q85.jpg

That Twilight Zone looks gooood! You said you arranged your own Mardi Gras Party. You must have went with a big group.

When it comes to the drinks, I don't drink those, give me a nice Captain Morgan and Diet Coke, and I'm good.

Desserts - Choc Melting Cake is the best, but the cheesecakes on the ships are also very indulging.

Beer - Draft is always better than can because the beer is fresher (I have two family members who work for Budweiser) however, they only serve beer in a can on the ship, my favorite recommendations of beer on the ship to try:

Boddington's

Stella Artois

Red Stripe (especially if you're on a cruise going to Jamaica)

That Twilight Zone looks gooood! You said you arranged your own Mardi Gras Party. You must have went with a big group.

Yup, it was a cruise critic group... we usually have around 100+people. I don't think there was a ship organized mardi gras, but we brought some stuff for the deck party. The Conquest had a great mardi gras party...

Yup, it was a cruise critic group... we usually have around 100+people. I don't think there was a ship organized mardi gras, but we brought some stuff for the deck party. The Conquest had a great mardi gras party...

The Conquest mardi gras party, is that ship organized? Or is it the CC group? Sorry to be so ignorant, this will be first time cruise for the DH and me.

By far my favourite drink is the "dirty Banana" a banana liqure with kaluha yummmm, my dd loves "sex on the Beach" DH drinks Smirnoff ice so cant help you with the beer question sorry.

"Dirty Banana" sounds good and dirty :rolleyes: , will definitely try that too. What is "Sex on the Beach"?

I looked for your Fantasy review, and I don’t see it posted yet. Did I read your signature right – Teacher Getaway Cruise? That's great! When you get back, tell them what a real vacation is like!:)

I'll be checking on your review, thanks so much.

I have had both draft and can beer on a cruise and prefer the draft. I think they were the same price too.(around $3) I have lived here in the N'awlins area all my life so I don't really go looking for the Mardi Gras party in particular but am always ready to party! I like all the funship drinks that I have tried but usually opt to save money by smuggling alcohol on board and making my own drinks. Will get the funship drink on the first day and use that tall glass to make my drinks in. Hope you have a great cruise and a good time down here.

Is that as good as "Kiss on the Lips"?

I think the best drink on the ship is a Miami Vice. My two favorite frozen drinks put into one. Kiss on the Lips is also good and not strong, so you can enjoy several. Sex on the Beach-- you can get those anywhere, any bar. Go for something different. That Twilight Zone looked tasty!

Sex on the Beach - Hope you enjoy!

Is that as good as "Kiss on the Lips"?

Are you telling me that no one is going to state the obvious?

You start with a kiss on the lips....work your way up to...

I'm the only one thinking this here? Guess I need a vacation more than most!;)

Candy -

Yes, there were 6 of us who teach middle school together; we start school in July and have a 2 week fall break. It gave us something to look forward to the whole first quarter! I've seen some of my kids out and about since we got home, and they all wanted to know about the cruise. Their first question has been "Did you get sick?" They seem to think that would have been a cool thing.. :)

The Kiss on the Lips is not strong at all, but I love how it tasted. The Funship Special was good, too, but much stronger.

My review is posted now; warning: I tend to ramble, but I think I got the most important info there. There are other "practical" tips that were helpful to me if you have any questions about things like that.

Jane

Archived