Just married Caribbean princess

If you are getting a wedding licence in your country you will not have to pay the 450 just show proof of the marriage. You would then either book a symbolic ceremony with the wedding experience for 1800 or book a vow renewal directly with Princess for around 300-500 hundred depending on the package.

The marriage license for an at sea wedding (only available on Princess) is from Bermuda and it is recognized/perfectly valid in the US and Canada. You will get the actual marriage license from Bermuda several weeks after the wedding---there is no need to get a license at home and through Bermuda. You either get the license from Bermuda or get legally married at home and have a symbolic ceremony onboard.

Sinfonia2005:

Can you please answer my question regarding getting a marriage licence in your country before the wedding cruise and then get another one from Princess for $450.00?

Thanks

Ricky

Hi again

We never had to get a licence in England, as they take care of that, Your son will find that the total cost includes a valid marridge licence, they will get a copy when they get married then the real 1 will be sent to them in about 6 weeks after the wedding.

Hi Maria,

We were the other wedding group in Sterling Steak House on Tuesday night! Everything you said about Princess and their weddings I would agree with you on. Who was your photographer? Allison by any chance? She did a great job with us? What time was your wedding? :-)

Allison was our photographer onboard for our wedding too! She was so sweet, and we got some great shots.

We cruised the Caribbean Princess for our wedding cruise, if anyone wants to hear more details, check out our Wedding Cruise Review link in my sig.

We had our wedding on the Star princess, February 2007. Everything was great! We had such a great experience.

With regards to the wedding proofs, we were able to talk them down to $125, and he threw in a really nice photo album. They didn't even hesitate to drop the price and through in the album... so it's worth a try. We did order the CD of photos, but it was nice to have everything already printed.

I'm glad the original poster had a great wedding... Congrats!!

And good luck to those with upcoming weddings!!

We had LL Bean type canvas bags printed locally with the ship imprint/logo which came with the personalized playing cards we had made. They have you approve the logo....it was great---of a cruise ship. We used that to have printed on the welcome bag. Bag was canvas with royal/caribbean blue on the handles. Inside we had gorgeous velour beach towels (that was our biggie) with the same logo embroidered on them. (and very reasonably, too!) We had the personalized deck of playing cards, a water bottle for each to go with the towel, and had personalized labels made for them, personalized cruise post it notes, colorful pens to go with them, a seashell photo album and a beach theme disposable camera, along with a clear wedding favor baggie filled with little goodies: chap stick, highlighter, snickers, purell, gum. Also inside was a "Meet N Greet" invitation, a Wedding program booklet, and a seating chart for dinner at Sterling Steak House.

I can send you information if you would like as to where you can get these things the least expensive! I spent many hours online searching! LOL You can give me your email address and I will forward the info to all.

I can truly say that I had the best time of my life researching all this!

Caribbean Princess is the greatest ship! You will love it! Good luck planning. If you have any specific questions, just email me with cruise critic as the subject. I can honestly say that our experiences with TWE were great, too!

Happy times all around!

Joan

redjoan@aol.com

hi redjoan! I am getting married on the crown princess in Nov. 08. I love the idea of your bags~! if you could forward the email you sent to the other gal that would be really cool. Also, how did you get the meet and greet, seating chart etc to puc it the totes?

We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess on New Year's Eve & can't wait. This will be the 1st official day at sea, and when I spoke with TWE experince today, they said that I will be meeting with the wedding co-ordinator that day! I hope so! Just finalizing some things. Any advice would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess on New Year's Eve & can't wait. This will be the 1st official day at sea, and when I spoke with TWE experince today, they said that I will be meeting with the wedding co-ordinator that day! I hope so! Just finalizing some things. Any advice would be great!

Hi dabbado,

We got married on the Star, the first day at sea. When we boarded the ship there was a letter in our room asking us to meet with the wedding coordinator that night. They will go over all of the details with you!

We wanted the webcam running.. and we assumed it would be up, but we mentioned it to her, and she said we had to sign a privacy thing letting them put the wedding on the cam... so just a heads up, that if you want the web cam on, make sure you double check with them, that they know that!!

Congrats everyone getting married.. it is so much fun.. we had a blast!

Archived