Flight Departures to LAX from HNL

RET_REF

Does anyone have any experience regarding flight departure times after disrmbarking from Princess in Honolulu to LAX? Approximately what time of the day do they put you on flights back to LAX from HNL ? Any help will be appreciated !

• 3 weeks later...

I might add that this is not the day of our embarkation, because we are staying a couple extra days in Honolulu. We paid an air deviation fee. Tickets are still booked thought RCCL. We were surprised because we have heard that flights are usually not until late afternoon and into the evening. We got our flight information about 4 weeks before our cruise. We leave a week from tomorrow!:)

Sea Island Lady - Thanks, Hope you have a wonderful cruise next week, and great time on your extended stay in the islands.

Fishingshoes - Thank you for the info as well! Maybe since Carnival now owns Princess they will do something similar with their departures back to LAX. I'm hoping they will schedule us for an early afternoon flight rather than making us stay for the late evening flight.

here's another thought for you to ponder...

Pebbles and I spent 12 glorious days in Hawaii in february, including 7-days on the NCL Star. :D Knowing that we had a long day ahead of us, I took a 2:00ish flight thru United for the return trip. we disembarked around 10:00 and was at the airport and thru security by 11:00.

IF I HAD TO DO IT OVER AGAIN,... :mad: :mad:

I would have taken a mid-evening flight, stored the bags in a locker (they are available at the Aloha Tower Pier), taken a cab to Waikiki, and spent the daylight hours on the beach (instead of 2+ hours in the airport) (or go to Pearl Harbor or climb Diamondhead). Give this some serious considerations....

I guarantee that when you are disembarking, you will be in serious combat with the "oh my, this glorious vacation is over toooo soon" syndrome....

Rather than rushing back to the airport, extend your vacation for another day (8-10 hours) at the cost of a cab fare and $5 storage lockers... on the last night on the ship, pack a travel bag with bathing suits, lotions and a towel...

Look, when you get home, you are gonna be emotionally-drained anyways...what difference does it make if you get back at 9:30 at night or 6:00am????

Justa thought...

Aloha and hava great trip!!

PS: I wore the stripes for 10 years in Virginia...

bambam,

Thanks for the advice from one former stripes official to another ! Unfortunately, we disembark from the ship on a Thursday morning , and I have to be back home in PA by Saturday to take care of some personal business before returning to work on Monday. With jet lag involved and all, its probably out of the question for us to stay another day in Honolulu as much as we would love to after nearly two weeks of cruising. I know exactly what you are saying. However, I'm considering taking a red-eye flt back to PA from LA even if we arrive in LA around 10 PM.

Thanks again for all the advice here, I really appreciate all your help !

Archived