New to Celebrity, what can I expect @ 25yo

FromHereToThere

I'll be taking my 2nd cruise, and 1st on Celebrity. I'm 25 yo and was curious as to what I could expect as far as other guest on board. I am definately not looking for a spring break cruise, and dont care to much for other people's children, lol. So, Im curious what anyone can tell me about sailing with Celebrity, the ambiance, and fellow travelers. I'll be taking the Summit on the March 29 transatlantic.

You will probably encounter an "older group". Usually the cruises lasting more than a week makes a difference in the age of the cruisers. Most young people don't have the vacation time for the longer cruises. This also usually eliminates most of the children. It really is amazing how much fun us "old folks" can have. Enjoy!:)

I'm 28 and Celebrity has become my cruiseline of choice. I took my first cruise on Celebrity when I was 13 and have come to really enjoy the food, service and the ships. I sailed on the Connie eastbound transatlantic last year and it was a great experience. While I was definitely one of the youngest passengers it really didn't make a difference. I met some great people, had great experiences and really relaxed. The few children that were onboard were extremely well-behaved and well-mannered. I'd say you're really in for a treat. I'm thinking about booking a eastbound transatlantic when I sail on the Mercury in two weeks so I may see you onboard!

My wife and I are very early 30s and enjoyed our first Celebrity cruise in April on the Constellation. We had a great time. We're headed on the Millenium next month for 14 days.

As long as you enjoy people for whom they are, without regard to age, you should have a great time.

I would definitely visit Roll Call before the cruise to get to know some of the people on the fellow Cruise Critic members before you even board - especially if you are going solo, then you can see who else is on their own, too.

Have fun!

I'll be taking my 2nd cruise, and 1st on Celebrity. I'm 25 yo and was curious as to what I could expect as far as other guest on board. I am definately not looking for a spring break cruise, and dont care to much for other people's children, lol. So, Im curious what anyone can tell me about sailing with Celebrity, the ambiance, and fellow travelers. I'll be taking the Summit on the March 29 transatlantic.

A pure class act, relaxing, and incredible food.

I think that you will find a pleasing atmosphere and ambience. The ships are tasteful, without being dull, with both wood and glitzy materials. The dining room, while classy on its own, becomes even more sophisticated-looking with the addition of well-dressed people on formal nights. We like the food on Celebrity, and this is a very subjective subject, but you should find something that really appeals to you most nights. You can boogie in the disco on deck 12, check the shows or individual acts in the Celebrity Theatre, or partake of the dancing in the Rendez-vous Lounge outside the Dining Room lower level on Deck 4. Then there are the Martini Bar and Champagne Bar, which are really two sides of the same space outside the Dining Room upper level on Deck 5. Of you like coffee with pastry etc. check out the Cova Cafe. Don't forget to try the aft outdoor patio deck 10 off the casual dining/cafeteria style cafe. Have a great cruise.

Low key, up market.

Older pax than you generally, but probably not much different age demographics than a transatlantic on any other line - except maybe Carnival. Carnival is a different product, brash, glitzy, Vegas at sea. X is working more for a Greenbrier - Homestead at sea thing.

Archived