Tampa - Park and Cruise Hotels - Please Help!

CharismaticWoman

Does anyone know which hotels near the Tampa Port offer park and cruise packages? Just called the Doubletree and they no longer offer the package, but they did offer me a hotel room for 300 bucks a night! Not exactly what I was expecting. We stayed at a hotel in Jacksonville and their package was 99 bucks and it was pretty nice.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!~

Does anyone know which hotels near the Tampa Port offer park and cruise packages? Just called the Doubletree and they no longer offer the package, but they did offer me a hotel room for 300 bucks a night! Not exactly what I was expecting. We stayed at a hotel in Jacksonville and their package was 99 bucks and it was pretty nice.

check Embassy suites. I'm not sure if they do the park part because we flew in, but they picked us up and arranged for transportation to the port. It's about $160 a night. You do get a full breakfast also including made to order omelets (all though I must say the layout of the buffet was strange). We also had an excellent dinner there (not included). The rooms were large, matter of fact ours had a full kitchenette including dishwasher...didn't really need that.:) But, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. My Parents also stayed there and they had a smaller kitchenette.

The best place to look for an answer on this is under "Gulf Port Depatures" at the bottom of this page. Just click on forum jump and click on Gulf coast departures. Many peoples advice and help already posted there......

Hope that helps;)

I keep this at my site for a quick copy paste....

I love the Chase suites.....they have a cruise package where they pick you up at the airport....drive you to the port.....and pick you up after the cruise and take you to the airport. For us we had a late flight so they took us back to the Chase to kill 5 hours by letting us change and use the pool.

They are suites with kitchen and living room w/king bed and sofa sleeper(sleeps 4)...the 2 bed has another bath and king loft overlooking the living room(sleeps 6). We paid $129 for the 2bed/2 bath loft. There is a Bahama Breeze next door so you can just walk over for lunch/dinner.

There are other nice places in the harbor area if you need to be surrounded by more activity/restaurants....but for me this was a deal and a nice way to just relax.....it was about 15 minutes from the airport and we boarded our Chase shuttle at 10 am and were on board the Miracle at 11:15........

A GREAT WAY to start a cruise.....

Chitown Cruisers and the Marvelous Miracle Misfits would like to thank and highly recommend

Chase Suites Hotel Tampa 3075 N. Rocky Point Drive Tampa, Fl 33607 (813)281-5677

our chase photos.... http://travel.webshots.com/photo/253...89406063IgCXuB

the rate also included parking if you know anyone driving in.

We sailed out of Tampa a year or two ago. We stayed at the Comfort inn (near the stadium). We parked, was shuttled to the port and had to pay to get back. Was still a great deal. I think it was around $100 or so.

we have a cruise booked for 10/21/07 we are staying at howard johnson,

in tampa they let you park your car there 10.00 a week, plus we are staying the night for only 63 bucks, isn't bad serves breakfast, and has airport service, Howard Johnson

tampa/airport.

2055 N dale Mabry

813 875-8818

hope this helps,

In 05 we stayed at the Chase Suites and absolutely loved it. There were 8 of us. Six flew and two drove. The drivers left their car at the hotel (no charge) for the week. We rented two two bedroom, two bath suites. Chase picked the fliers up at the airport. They took us to the port in the morning and when we returned they picked us up and took us to the airport and took the drivers back to the hotel for their car.

Breakfast was nice, the suites were large and the 8 of us got to hang out the night before. Bahamas Breeze is located adjacent to the property. The staff was very friendly. All in All we thing the Chase was our best pre cruise stay ever.

I'm another who LOVES Chase Suites, Rocky Point!! We love to kick off our cruises there the night before, at Bahama Breeze. The rooms are very nice, breakfast was pretty good, and the transfers to/from the airport/cruiseport were great. Chase Suites is my hotel of choice in Tampa!!

We loved Chase Suites also (great deal on Park, Sleep & Fly). The other big plus was that they drove us to Walmart the night before to pick up a few things and drove us back. Staff were great.

You just reminded me, the shuttle was supposed to take us to port at 11:00 (the time we signed up for). We were sitting outside of the breakfast area, with our luggage, and the shuttle driver pulled up with an empty van, (this was around 10am). He asked us if we were ready to go, and asked us if we needed to stop anywhere first. He took us to a liquor store to stop for our smuggled contraband, and got us to the port by 10:30am, we were some of the first on the ship. VERY nice.

We used the Hampton Inn, and it was very convenient. The staff was great. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the channel side while you are there. We got to Tampa early the day before, took the shuttle and enjoyed the night life and the next morning off to the ship. When we were debarking, we call the hotel from our cell phone on the ship and the shuttle was there and waiting on us.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

We are leaving next week and we booked a room at the Howard Johnson Plaza for our group. They offer a free p/u from the airport, and a free drop off to the port (or anywhere within 2 miles). The rate was very good (85-90) so we'll give it a try. The hotel just finished renovations, so we'll see. I'll post when I get back :)

Doubletree Westshore was the less expensive for early Dec. when i checked; followed by Sailport & Chase Suites

We used the Westshore hotel. They offer P/U from the airport, or park and sail (park for a week w/ one nights stay. Shuttle free to the ship. It's a good hotel.

The Doubletree Westshore does not offer this package anymore. In fact, I booked the Park & Cruise package on September 19 for the night of Sept 22 and when we arrived, I had to fight with them for over an hour to get them to honor my reservation. They wanted me to pay $10 per person each way for the shuttle instead! :mad: I will never do business with that hotel again.

Next time we sail out of Tampa, we'll choose Chase Suites instead.

Archived