Prescription Laws

ylojerseygirl

Hello,

Does anyone know what the laws are in Bermuda regarding prescription strength medications? We are used to cruising to Mexico where it is allowed without a prescription for many drugs. just wondering. Thank you!

Are you asking if you can purchase prescription strength medication? You won't find this in Bermuda. Even though Bermuda is included in some Caribbean itineraries it is not the Caribbean and has nothing in common with those islands or Mexico.

Hello,

Does anyone know what the laws are in Bermuda regarding prescription strength medications? We are used to cruising to Mexico where it is allowed without a prescription for many drugs. just wondering. Thank you!

it's ery important that you accompany your prescription drugs with a prescription or you could end up in a very embarrassing and expensive situation. prescription drugs without a prescription are illegal!

you can ask a Bermuda pharmacist directly at

http://www.lindos.bm/pharmacy/index.html

also customs will allow you to import for you own use a reasonable amount of prescription drugs with out a script. It is technically illegal to have any drug that requires a script without a script but it is only when it is a controlled substance that they really care so no oxycotten or similar.

What type of drug are we talking here? I know that this past summer, a couple of cruisers were busted for marijuana in Bermuda. I love BDA, no messing around there. Anyway. Bermuda is not that type of island. stick with Mexico or Jamaica for that stuff.

What type of drug are we talking here? I know that this past summer, a couple of cruisers were busted for marijuana in Bermuda. I love BDA, no messing around there. Anyway. Bermuda is not that type of island. stick with Mexico or Jamaica for that stuff.

The cruiser asked about prescription type drugs. In many countries( including Europe BTW drugs) that require a script in the US are obtainable over the counter for much less. No reason to accuse the person of illegal drugs like Marijuana for what was a much more innocuous request. Do you know whether Lipitor, as an example, requires a script in Bermuda? I don't.....

thank you all for your help! we're looking to pick up our blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol medications, nothing scandelous. Unfortunately the generics covered by insurance don't always work the same, so we're looking to stock up and save some money! thank you again.

Archived