"Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Break"

*Wink*

Hi Fellow Cruisers.. I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam :D but I can't find the thread. We're sailing on the Majesty for the 2nd time in January:cool: . Please let me know your thoughts on the 7 mile beach break excursion... where it is, does a van take you, food, drink, etc. :confused: Thanks!:)

Well our experience was horrible. The food was adequate but they put you on a spot of beach the size of a postage stamp. We ate the lunch and then walked back to the ship (a long way I might add). I wouldn't waste your money on the ship excursion.

Grab a taxi at the pier and go past 7 mile beach to sea grape beach, not much further at all. Sea grape beach is not as busy and there was surprisingly good snorkeling. It's all really the same beach. You can use the beach for free or for $10-you can use a chair and get a "free" soda. There are little restaurants set up and snorkel rental too. Approx $4-a person for the taxi. No need to pay for the excursion.....really a waste of money. There are taxi's lined up at the pier and they will all go there and will arrange to pick you up there too! And if you really want to go to a great spot rent a car and go to Rum point beach. It's our favorite.

http://www.eandbcaymans.com/2Attractions%20a%20Rum%20Point.htm

Hi Fellow Cruisers.. I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam :D but I can't find the thread. We're sailing on the Majesty for the 2nd time in January:cool: . Please let me know your thoughts on the 7 mile beach break excursion... where it is, does a van take you, food, drink, etc. :confused: Thanks!:)

We usually walk from the pier to 7 mile beach. If tired, we take a bus. We were there in March and will be back next month.

Enjoy your cocktails on the ship because Margaritaville is way overpriced in Grand Cayman. We'll be saving our alcohol appetite for Cozumel where booze is a bargain.

Thanks welove! quick question. There's an excursion the goes to Stingray City, the Reef and then to Rum Point for lunch for a really good price. Recommend?

We've done it! But now we just go on our own. For your first time I would recommend it. Stingray city is really cool. There are more people on the boat than I care for but it is an experience you will never forget. You also don't get as much time at Rum point but you get a taste of everything! The lunch is also VERY good. You get to choose what you want and it is ready for you when you arrive. The sandwiches/burgers are huge with fries and a pickle. Going with the cruise excursion you are guaranteed to get back to the ship. Sometimes there are soooo many ships in that the traffic is terrible and it is hard to get back. Have a great time!

Archived