Buyer beware new Princess Bungalow pricing!

flvol77

I posted this on the main princess board and here also because I think its something people need to know about when thinking about a Princess Bungalow.

I scanned in the "new" pricing structure and its imo out of control. Send me your email and I can send it to you if you can't read the image I posted.

The gist of it is the benefits that we enjoyed two weeks ago would cost $295 per couple and $48 per extra PER PERSON - So if you had 6 people that would be close to $500.00 TOTAL.

I took pictures of the sheet that Princess gave us in our cabin. At first I didn't even look at the sheet, then I heard some guy on TV talking about VIP package and I thought maybe it offers unlimited drinks or something. When I took a look at the sheet I was in shock.

We we went down to the excursion desk they said the pricing was correct and then I asked if food delivery was included they said no, but then another one of the personal at the excursion desk said yes it was for now.

Here is a pic I took. If I had a bungalow with Princess in the upcoming months I would be making some phone calls. The other bad thing is this: This is a package only offered the ship. So when you get on the ship its too late to cancel your bungalow, and what if you find out that they are no longer offering all the "trimmings"

If Princess wants to suck money out of people that is fine, but they need to at least be up front and honest about it.

DSCF2870.jpg?t=1192285370

I have had my bungalow booked for months for a cruise in a week and a half on the CB. When I signed up for it I signed up for what was advertised at the price advertised and agreed to pay that for the services. I certainly hope that when we get on the ship we get what we paid for. If Princess wants to change it and charge more let them - hopefully people won't pay it. But they should honor the agreement they made with those of us who booked it under the 'old' pricing. Start the new pricing sometime in 2008 - and from now on as they release shore excursions for advanced purchase have the correct pricing there.

I too have reserved a bungalow for the 12/2 sailing and was concerned when I read this posting BUT I spoke to Princess and confirmed that the basic cost is still the $199 I agreed to pay.

The othe is for a VIP package that seems to be similar to the HAL "Butler" upgrade for the bungalows on Half Moon Cay.

We did the Princess Cays tour in 2005 and we sat on a lovely chaise lounge at the far end of the beach, and enjoyed the large buffet luncheon that was served for everyone from the ship.

Have things changed? Why would someone want a 'bungalow' for a day at the beach???:confused:

I am confused!

Olwyn

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Princess Cays tour in 2005 and we sat on a lovely chaise lounge at the far end of the beach, and enjoyed the large buffet luncheon that was served for everyone from the ship.

Have things changed? Why would someone want a 'bungalow' for a day at the beach???:confused:

I am confused!

Olwyn

Hi

My family and I had one last winter- and booked another for our upcoming cruise. Its really nice to have private dedicated space away from the crowds. But the biggest factor is that 3 people in our party don't care for the sun, sand and water. But they did enjoy the shade and sitting in the bungalow. This way we could all enjoy a "beach" day together.

We stayed at the Wynn in Las Vegas last summer and got a bungalow by the pool. It was 500 for the day and worth every penny. We had a butler and a fridge stocked, a flat screen tv, a huge snack cabinet and it had a mist machine that was over the lounge chairs in front. If its a special occasion I say go for it and pamper yourself a little.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the information! Were you on the Caribbean Princess? I spoke to them today and they told me 199.00 still covered the extras and there was no VIP package. I told them that I saw the patter and it showed additional charges for the VIP. She stated again that they did not have a VIP package now, but they may in the future. Can I get you to email the image to me?

kyost@charter.net

Thanks!

Kim

Archived