Elainie's Pride of Aloha review - Aug 15th Sailing

Elainie

[quote name='mbisson']LynnH
I'm sorry that you took the shortage of tea so seriously. I wasn't aware (until you pointed it out) that all 2000 people on the ship were angry that they ALL ran out of tea (but this does make me think I know why they might've run out).

But if I had been on the cruise, and it were that important to me, YES, I would've bought some tea and stashed it in my tiny room and brought a bag to dinner. But no matter what, running out of tea would not have been "one of my biggest" problems with the cruise (unless of course the cruise were nearly perfect).

But again, I do agree with you they shouldn't have run out of tea (on day 2), but ya gotta get over it and enjoy life.

-Monte[/QUOTE]
Running out of tea was just [color=red][b]ONE[/b][/color] of the many problems, as I stated previously.

[u]You act as though I have no right to complain...what would have made you mad probably wouldn't have bothered me at all, and vice-versa.[/u]

I like the way you've twisted my words to fit your statements. I never said all 2000 people were angry about the tea shortage (and being lied to repeatedly), I said that most people we spoke with mentioned the tea situation and they were not happy about it. [u][color=blue][b]How can you even make comments on something you didn't witness?????[/b][/color][/u]

Also, just because I stated the tea shortage, that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life. After weathering the 7 day cruise on POA, I have found out I can handle most anything. Go on the cruise FOR YOURSELF and you'll find that out. Want to know more of what went on during the cruise, you can read my other posts. No A/C for 2 days...dropped the ball on providing the Romance Package and Congratulations Package (this cruise was part of my honeymoon and the packages were paid for 3 weeks in advace), the buffet ran out of the "main entree" each night we ate there within the first 2 hours, couldn't book a reservation at any of the specialty restaurants because they were all full, room service would sometimes take an hour or more, the ceiling in front of our stateroom was all torn down and the wires/pipe, etc were exposed--made difficulty keeping our room cool when the A/C did work, tables at the Hukilau Cafe were rarely bussed, there was rarely ever any ice and it was a huge task to have someone refill it, the swimming pools closed by 7-8PM each day.............the list goes on and on. We paid a lot of money for the cruise and it was a long time planning...[b]sorry we expected such menial things such as tea [/b](which NCL states to provide).

[quote name='jkrislc']Perhaps I'm missing something here, but Lynn simply used the tea incident as one example of the things that went wrong. Also, keep in mind that this happened on the second day out, I believe, which shows a lack of foresight, ordering, planning, etc. on NCL's part. While them running out of tea wouldn't ruin my vacation and I doubt it ruined Lynn's, it speaks to the larger problems that others have addressed regarding the POA.[/QUOTE]
[center][color=red][b][u]My point, exactly!! Thank you--well said.;) [/u][/b][/color][/center]

I'm sorry you think I twisted your words. But heres what you said (note the word "everyone"):

[quote name='LynnH'] I wasn't the only one annoyed by the lack of tea---everyone was upset about it.

And I'm not trying to say what you should and shouldn't be upset about, but when you say that this was one of the biggest problems, I only responded that it wouldn't be a big problem to me. I learned a long time ago not to sweat the small s_it.

I do wish you many enjoyable cruises.

-Monte

Hello LynnH.....Your comments are well written and very important to those of us who will actually sail on the poa.... You have now met the nic-pickers and guess what? They are not booked on the POA!....

They only wish to create confusion and prevent any negative comments concerning the poa.... The truth is what they want it to be... It is easy to have their opinion when they are not spending the money....

Just ignore them and keep sharing with we the booked passengers of the poa...both past and future.... Thank you....

[quote name='Traveler39']Exactly..... Pay the money..... sail the ship..... now your opinion is credible...[/QUOTE] I have to differ a little bit here with you Traveler39. Neither you or I have sailed the POA and we have opinions about it. (I did sail the Sky so I at least know some things about the ship and I even sailed Hawaii on the Sky.) I'm sure you wouldn't like someone telling you that your opinion isn't credible but that's what you're saying to other people.

[quote name='karfest']Traveler39 and Maltesemom and the others with POA cruises upcoming-

I have been following those of you who are hanging in there with the POA. I don't know you, I don't have this cruise booked, and it really shouldn't affect my life-but- I am so happy for all of you when I see a review come through that admits there are still some issues but overall things have improved. I believe the POA has finally hit bottom, NCL admitted it, and they are now striving to make it work. Anyone going on this ship should know what they are in for and plan ahead. I believe the two new reviews we have on the board today reflect travelers who actually researched what was happening on this cruise ship. I feel badly for those cruisers the first few months as they had no clue it would be so bad, but anyone getting on this ship who is not aware of the issues just shouldn't leave home!!

Best wishes and good luck, I will remain a lurker and keep good thoughts going your way:)[/QUOTE]

I ONLY READ ABOUT THE PROBLEMS BACK WHEN POA WAS going from san fran over to hawaii initially.... can someone please fill me in on the list of complaints/problems that the POA is having? I gather, from these posts, that there is about half the staff as necessary? What else? Thanks.

Some of the crew walked off on other sailings, which I thought was made rather known around cruise forums. On our sailing I don't think anyone walked off- but you never know the rumor mills on the ship were determined to start some bad press regardless. I believe our sailing did have more crew members board in Hilo though, because Pride of Aloha could've used a larger staff.

Archived