Air Prices On Ncl?

RJAM3

It seems the airfare on NCL from the west coast is way out of line. About $1000. Is it cheaper when you actually book than when you just check booking prices on line or is this what people are paying if they have NCL do the air? Thanks for the help!

I've never booked NCL air simply because it seems excessive $$$ to me. My TA has quoted it to me several times. One time was $800; I bought my own for $375. Another time the quote was $1200; I can procure the same thing for $600-$700.

One caveat -- If I'm not booking cruise air, I'm sure to arrive at least a day early because NCL won't bat an eye if I miss the cruise on my own air arrangements, but I sure will! :eek: Even so, paying for a night in a hotel I still come out $$$ ahead.

It seems the airfare on NCL from the west coast is way out of line. About $1000. Is it cheaper when you actually book than when you just check booking prices on line or is this what people are paying if they have NCL do the air? Thanks for the help!

It is really hard to give you a good answer, as you state West Coast-$1000.00. To where-Europe, Asia or Florida??? To Florida during Spring Break, President's Week-at this late date, there is not much available. To Europe in the Summer-probably a decent price.

It is not cheaper when you book.

Look for your own air. If you go to the cruise air forum, post your dates, whether you can fly in a day early, you will get lots of help.

And before you book any cruise line air, please read the following thread. You will be SHOCKED at how little the cruise line will protect you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Thanks for the help. I will book air seperate from the cruise. I have used NCL with air for five cruises and the air price when you consider transfers etc was in line but not this time. I will be going from Miami in January. Thanks again for the input!

Archived