M/S Holiday - Review Part II

phinfan63

Thursday, August 26th – Cozumel

Docked around 8:30. Much prettier port. Nice shopping area at the pier. Shopped for an hour or so and dropped our purchases off back in our cabin. Rounded up the other girls and grabbed a cap to Paradise Beach ($12.00). This was definitely our best day. The beach was beautiful and clean. We had a great waiter, Crecencio. He made sure that we always had a drink in our hands. Due to tips from these boards, we again ordered nachos and they were excellent. There were plenty of chairs, umbrellas and beach mats. Met Paradise Beach Tom – what a cutie! Tom stopped and talked to us for awhile and was kind enough to pose for some pictures. Thanks Tom – Great place for a day of relaxation!

Unfortunately, Carnival did not extend our stay in Cozumel. If I can figure out how, I will be sending Carnival a letter about how much better place it would have been to have time extended. I’m sure it will me no good but what the heck…. We left PB at 2:30 in order to be back at the ship in plenty of time (we sailed at 4:00). You go thru the duty free shop on your way back to the ship so I stopped and bought a couple bottles of Crown Royal (great price). This liquor also went thru the scanner with nothing said.

We decided to do a casual dinner and ended up with pizza. One of the girls tried the goat cheese & mushroom pizza (another tip from the boards) and she said it was very good.

Friday, August 27th – Sea Day

This was a nice relaxing day for us. We sat on the lido deck all day enjoyed the foo foo foo foo drinks and people watched. The hairy check contest was today and it was quite enjoyable. Lots of laughs and photo ops. Played bingo for a free cruise – didn’t win L

Lido Deck by the pool can be a little stifling in the heat of the day so we headed to our favorite bar. Met several couples from Memphis and ended up missing our last dinner in the dining room. Two of the girls went and said it was awesome. We had pizza again. This was a fairly early night since we had to go back to the room and pack. Bags had to be in the hall no later than midnight.

Saturday, August 28th – Disembarkation

Room service was delivered at 6:45. Ate quickly and started doing the last minute packing of everything in the carryon. Our floor was to go to the Americana Lounge at 8:00 am. We got off of the ship at 9 ish. Bags were not hard to find. Customs was a joke – no one looked at anything. Left two girls with the bags and we took the trolley to the hotel to pick up the car. Loaded up everything and headed to Café DuMonde for beignets. We left New Orleans at 12:00 for a long, rainy ride home to Memphis.

My advice is to pack as lightly as you can because you will be carrying them more than you think. My “light” bag weighed a ton. See/Do/Join the activities. We didn’t do much and I wish we had . Sorry for the long review!

Great review...precise and to the point! Long? You should've read the one I wrote last year....a novel!:)

So glad y'all enjoyed the Holiday, and your cruise in general. I would've sent the Chateaubriand back and asked for another.....mine have always been fork-tender and very tasty. Enjoyed reading about your vacation!!!

Unfortunately, Carnival did not extend our stay in Cozumel. If I can figure out how, I will be sending Carnival a letter about how much better place it would have been to have time extended.

Just a guess, but I suspect the early departure from Cozumel has to do with the slowdown as the ship navigates the Mississippi River the last several hours. I note that the Holiday remains in Cozumel until 6 p.m. on itineraries from Mobile after it relocates there. New Orleans and Mobile are practically equidistant from Cozumel -- but New Orleans is 100 miles upriver while Mobile is on the Gulf.

Great review -- thanks. We sail on the Holiday from NO Oct. 4 on our first-ever cruise. I know we'll enjoy it.

Archived