Just talked w/my PVP........

Cotton

I just got off the phone with my PVP, and made final payment for my Nov.1 cruise.

On every cruise I've booked with her, I've asked that the docs be sent ASAP after final payment, and I receive them within five days - 2 months before sailing. I just liked having them early.

However, since this is the first time I've booked a 'guarantee', I knew that wouldn't work this time. So - I asked her about the "new policy" of receiving docs 6-8 weeks prior to sailing, and she said she isn't aware of that, and I should receive them about 3 weeks before the cruise.

Where did y'all hear of the 6-8 weeks docs delivery???

I thought that the new policy meant that guarantee bookings were being assigned their cabins 6-8 weeks prior to sail date, not that the docs were being mailed out 6-8 week prior. Now I'm confused. :confused: Can someone set us straight? :)

We booked a OV GTY. About 6 weeks out I was able to look at Carnival's website and found our cabin room. When received our docs about 4 weeks out, the cabin number was there as well.

Now our sailing has been sold out for quite a while, so I'm assuming that that's why we already have cabin numbers.

Cotton, is your booking coming up yet on Carnival's website? And do you know how much of the ship is booked?

The policy change, announced Aug. 3, concerned cabin assignment, not documents issue. We learned our cabin assignment for Oct. 4 Holiday 59 days (8+ weeks) out, and received confirmation from Carnival through our TA. But we still don't have documents. I figure maybe next week.

Cotton I'm going on the same cruise . I found all my group cabins yesterday.

I hope we get are docs. , I'm having a party the Th of this month for everyone going with us . I would like to have our documents.

By the roll call I don't think anyone else is going but us. See ya in sixty days chryl

In May, I originally booked our 9/19 Elation cruise as a TBA & didn't expect to receive docs until a couple of weeks before the cruise. Imagine my surprise when they came in a couple of months ago! Of course, that was ok with me. I kept looking on the Carnival web site & had an assigned cabin about a month ago. A week ago, I decided to upgrade us, called Carnival & within 3 days of upgrading I had my new docs with an assigned cabin even though I had just booked a TBA suite. I don't know what Carnival's policy is, but I've recently had a run of good luck.

I, too thought it was just a cabin assignment that came 7 weeks out. Not documents. Boy what I would give to get my documents a whole month in advance. HEck--I'd be tickled pink if I could just find out the stupid cabin number...

Archived