Should I switch from Aft CC to Aft FOV

Cruising Bill

For an upcoming Caribbean cruise on the Millenium, I have one of the great aft CC cabins on 7 booked. Today, I noticed that the FOV's have freed up, and can grab the corner aft on level 9, which is just below the bar/restaurant above.

I did a search and read pros and cons of both, but I haven't seen a direct comparison. Can anyone say whether they would switch from an aft CC cabin (7203) to a corner aft (9156), and pay $350 more for the privilege?

Thanks! (p.s...this is a result of my reading a thread a few months ago about it paying to keep checking. I have done that and upgraded cabins along the way to the aft one I have now)

Cruzzin Bill:

My opinion only keep what you have got if there only two (2) in your cabin. The outside Fv cabins are great, but you give up the view because of the metal partion around the deck area, but the deck is larger - good for group gatherings, bring your own beverages. You will also hear what little noise there is from the scraping chairs from the deck above you. We were in 9199 on the Infinity 13 nite from San Fransisco to Vancover earlier this year. We adored the cabin. In Dec. we will be in cabin 8183 on Mill for the TA. Happy cruzin -yes decisions decisions

Bruton Branch:p

I think the corner FV's (they're called FV's on M-Class ships, not FOV's) are the best deals on the ship, and they are GREAT with only two people. If the $350 is not a hardship to you, I say go for the upgrade. Only you can decide, though, how much the money means to you...

Having done 7208 and 9197 on Constellation, I'd go for the corner FV. The extra space in the cabin is nice, both sitting and storage, as is the area on the balcony. True, as Bruton Beach says, you can't get the view of the wake whilst sitting down outside because of the solid metal at the end of the balcony, but the view to the side through railings rather than plexiglass is good and the view you get forward from the balcony make it a winner for me. If you are into sunning yourself you'll get more of that too as there is more unexposed deck. You do notice the chair scraping (I found I noticed it more outside than inside), but I tuned that out after a while.

Phil

We were on Constellation last month, and we originally had #7208 booked, and had the opportunity to get #7202...the corner FV. We grabbed it, and were extremely happy with the change.

The extra closet and living space for 2 people was wonderful.

Karyn

Bill

Thats what I would do too. Those FV balconies look amazing but I'd rather not be on deck 9 because of the chair scraping issue, also you get 2 cruise credits for CC but not for FV so you will move up the levels of Captains club a little quicker.

We have a non corner FV on deck 7 on our upcoming cruise on the Constellation, they released them a few weeks ago for anyone to book and as we were not in an aft we jumped on it, however we are in a deck 7 CC aft on the Millenium to Hawaii next year and I would probably only give that up for a corner FV on deck 8 or 9.

Just my opinion, hope it helps, you are in a great cabin whatever you decide!

Lisa

We changed from a AFT CC to a corner FV (7199) for the Panama Canal trip we returned from a week ago on the Infinity. Loved the extra closet, storage and living space and would do it again. Only thing I really missed about CC was the CC breakfast menu since the regular menu for breakfast isn't very good and we do like to eat on our balcony for breakfast. I did try to write in the Berry Granola Yogurt Parfait a couple times thinking that would be the easiest thing for them to bring me that was not on the normal breakfast menu that I loved on the CC menu, but they just wouldn't do it. :(

Diana

We changed from a AFT CC to a corner FV (7199) for the Panama Canal trip we returned from a week ago on the Infinity. Loved the extra closet, storage and living space and would do it again. Only thing I really missed about CC was the CC breakfast menu since the regular menu for breakfast isn't very good and we do like to eat on our balcony for breakfast. I did try to write in the Berry Granola Yogurt Parfait a couple times thinking that would be the easiest thing for them to bring me that was not on the normal breakfast menu that I loved on the CC menu, but they just wouldn't do it. :(

Diana

That's when you make friends with your neighbors, have THEM order the parfait for you and let you pick it up from them...

Diana

When we were in our FV last month, I just wrote in the breakfast items I wanted, and we did get them. I didn't ask for the Yogurt Parfait, so I can't comment on that particular item.

We also asked for the CC towels and received those as well...

Karyn

Drew, good idea. I did actually get to eat one the day I watched us go through the Panama Canal locks from our friend's penthouse deck. And while they were gracious enough to offer to order it for me, I really couldn't bring myself to impose, especially since I was eating way too much food anyway. ;)

Karyn, I suspect part of the problem was the cabin steward we had on the Infinity and we did tip every time anyone bought us any food from room service even when it was the steward or his assistant. Robert was the worst one we have ever had on a cruise and not because he wouldn't bring the written in breakfast items. However, we still had a wonderful cruise and I would take the FV again in a heartbeat, even if it still came with Robert as the steward.

Diana

my opinion, based on making a switch from deck 8 aft cc to deck 8 fv aft is do not do it we prefer the cc aft yes, the fv aft had a bit more space, but we prefer the few extras with cc class. also, we sometimes like to leave the balcony door open when in the room or sleeping, because we enjoy the breezes. with the fv this does not work as well because of the divider. it blocks the air flow and some of the sunlight. if you are just 2 people, i would keep the aft cc

hope this is helpful:)

Thanks everyone! My partner said he prefers the CC benefits, and given that it was on level 9, I let it go. I hadn't even thought about Badger's point, but I definitely like leaving the door open also.

It's terrible to have to make all of these decisions--makes it hard to get work done. :)

Archived