Lobster on the Mariner

nycruises

Yes, Portofino's still had a seafood skewer with lobster on it. Unfortunately for me, I like shellfish and not fish. The skewer also had salmon on it. I asked to have one prepared without the salmon and I was told it was not possible. They marinate the skewers earlier in the day so it has already been soaking with all the various fish they use. I tried a bite of the lobster off my friend's plate. It was okay, but I believed I could taste the salmon. Not sure if I really did or if it was just in my head. But either way, not what I wanted. Don't know if Portofino's will continue to serve this or not. They may be using Langostino meat for all I know.

you crack me up :D:D:D maybe they are doing "squats" to bulk up to normal size!

Could very well be. But regardless, I think I would pass on these squatters along with the crawfish.

I see you are in CA but far from the fires, I hope.

Those in the stricken area are in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine losing everything like that. I know people say you are lucky to have your life, but it still has got to be damned hard to pick up and start all over. My heart goes out to them.

c

Could very well be. But regardless, I think I would pass on these squatters along with the crawfish.

I see you are in CA but far from the fires, I hope.

Those in the stricken area are in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine losing everything like that. I know people say you are lucky to have your life, but it still has got to be damned hard to pick up and start all over. My heart goes out to them.

c

thanks for your thoughts, very sweet. The Santiago Fire is about 10 miles from my home, and just today the smoke has gotten so bad (fire is still raging) that we got a phone call that they are cancelling school (i have 1 in middle school and 2 in hight school). It's so bad that I am having a little trouble breathing, as well as a lot of other people. My older son has mild asthma, but has used his inhaler more this week than in the last 2 years!

It's really dark outside, so much ash......YIKES! we are hanging in!

thanks for your thoughts, very sweet. The Santiago Fire is about 10 miles from my home, and just today the smoke has gotten so bad (fire is still raging) that we got a phone call that they are cancelling school (i have 1 in middle school and 2 in hight school). It's so bad that I am having a little trouble breathing, as well as a lot of other people. My older son has mild asthma, but has used his inhaler more this week than in the last 2 years!

It's really dark outside, so much ash......YIKES! we are hanging in!

Yikes! back at you. I thought they were much further south. My geography is rusty. I keep hearing San Diego but aren't you closer to LA?

I hear the damn winds are finally dying down. Thank the Lord.

And that morons actually set some of the fires. I just don't get that.

God be with you and the people of California.

c

Crawfish aka crayfish can get pretty large. The best ones are between 3 and 4 inches long. They are great with rice and beans or just boiled in a bowl. Yes you can suck on the heads if you are into that kind of thing. They can taste like mud if not prepaired correctly. I like mine best in a stew over rice. I like them boiled but I hate to work that hard for my food. I love crab legs too but only if my girlfriend is there to crack them open and feed them to me. ;)

LOL- You sound like my boyfriend... He tried crab for the first time about a month ago only because i cracked it and fed it to him... lol

for me, I never order the lobster so no biggie, BUT please help me understand how they equate BBQ chicken with formal night or a substitute for lobster. How about stuffed shrimp, or something a tad more decadent then the chicken (especially on a night when guests are wearing dry clean only garmets)

for me, I never order the lobster so no biggie, BUT please help me understand how they equate BBQ chicken with formal night or a substitute for lobster. How about stuffed shrimp, or something a tad more decadent then the chicken (especially on a night when guests are wearing dry clean only garmets)

It appears that everyone has been upset about the BBQ Chicken tag and overlooking the fact that it is paired with scallops. Not the same as shrimp and lobster tail, but it isn't just chicken alone.

I hate to think we live in a age where Lobster on a cruise is that big of a deal. I do like lobster, but I can make it without lobster for a cruise. Yes it's sad, but it's not like this is the first thing a cruise line has ever taken away, table side cooking, good desserts, and so on. It's a cruise I'm still going to enjoy it and have fun.

I did read that they have scallops, however I am just trying to see where bbq chicken actually fits. I have never ate scallops(not a seafood fan, although I love chicken) do they "go well" with bbq chicken? Not something I ever recall seeing on a menu, but then again I usually don't read the seafood section of a menu.

It appears that everyone has been upset about the BBQ Chicken tag and overlooking the fact that it is paired with scallops. Not the same as shrimp and lobster tail, but it isn't just chicken alone.

We live on the Texas Gulf Coast where we have both great seafood and great barbeque, but even here we don't pair scallops with BBQ chicken.....eeeeew! I can't imagine who at RCI thought that was an appetizing combination....they obviously need to go back to Gastonomic Delights University!

I would have to agree.... BBQ chicken and scallops...they go together like mashmallows and hot sauce. :D Honestly, I don't really care either way. However, I don't like scallops....and BBQ Chicken is something I can have a home...I am sure there are plenty of other things to eat and I will just have to enjoy those.

I just figure that for the price you pay to cruise you should be able to have lobster....if you want to have lobster. :cool:

LOL... never thought of what the pairing would actually taste like ... wouldn't order it anyway because I'm allergic to seafood. "Lobster night" has always been another "What else doesn't involve seafood night" for me. Hey, more lobster for everyone else.

The "Chef's Dinner" menu has appeared before my eyes twice now. As with any menu, I dodge the seafood offerings. I tried the prime rib the first time around. Confirmed my "don't order beef in the dining room" theory ... again. Last cruise, I tried the Thai BBQ Chicken and rice. Bleah. Looks like another herb baked chicken night for me. I don't want to go to Chops more than once and I don't like the "Captain's Gala" menu either. Captain's Gala seems to be a staple on most cruises.

Archived