Princess suites

AlbertusMagnus

I am planning a long cruise. If I were to book a suite, does it come with butler service, as on sister cruise line Costa?

What type suite is the best for the money? Which one do I book to get butler service. By butler service I mean, full breakfast, lunch or dinner in cabin if desired.

Mille grazie,

Alberto

I am planning a long cruise. If I were to book a suite, does it come with butler service, as on sister cruise line Costa?

What type suite is the best for the money? Which one do I book to get butler service. By butler service I mean, full breakfast, lunch or dinner in cabin if desired.

Mille grazie,

Alberto

Princess does not have butlers; but you are welcome to take all meals in any full suite. (minis not included)

The least expensive suite is the Vista Suite and we have found them to be virtually identical to the Premium Suites or the Penthouse Suites. Unless you get the Owner's or Grand Suite the price difference is mostly for location.

Mike:)

In any full suite on Princess (minis are not included in this) you will be able to get all meals delivered from the diningroom menu to your suite if you would like. Although Princess no longer offers butler service, our dedicated suite stewards have always been wonderful. Although they are not at your beck and call 24/7, they are available from early morning until early afternoon, and early evening until late at night.

We have actually never missed having the butler in Princess suites.

The list for suite amenities is very long with Princess and includes lots of goodies from free laundry and dry cleaning to a one time bar set up (small one shot bottles, mixers, soda, water, beer), free internet access, priority tendering, as well as assorted extras in the suite and other great additions. Definitely great staterooms with lots of perks on Princess.

...The least expensive suite is the Vista Suite and we have found them to be virtually identical to the Premium Suites or the Penthouse Suites. Unless you get the Owner's or Grand Suite the price difference is mostly for location...

Beware of the PH category. Many (most?) complain about the noise from the pool deck above, mostly at night (crew are cleaning & moving chairs). If you are a light sleeper, you will NOT want to have a PH category cabin. They cost a bit more than PS and are identical, except that PH is located midship. I will take a quiet PS at the stern any day and would NEVER book a PH. Also note, if you want to avoid PH, be certain to have your booking marked "no upgrade". It would be awful to book a PS for the location, and then find yourself "upgraded" (really a downgrade to most) to a PH and dealing with the noise.

Beware of the PH category. Many (most?) complain about the noise from the pool deck above, mostly at night (crew are cleaning & moving chairs). If you are a light sleeper, you will NOT want to have a PH category cabin. They cost a bit more than PS and are identical, except that PH is located midship. I will take a quiet PS at the stern any day and would NEVER book a PH. Also note, if you want to avoid PH, be certain to have your booking marked "no upgrade". It would be awful to book a PS for the location, and then find yourself "upgraded" (really a downgrade to most) to a PH and dealing with the noise.

That depends on the ship and deck. Not all PH category suites are under open decks. We have a PH suite booked on the Caribe deck amidships on The Golden and the Baja deck above has no public areas just cabins.

So just check the deckplans first for the ship you are looking at and book with that in mind.

That depends on the ship and deck. Not all PH category suites are under open decks. We have a PH suite booked on the Caribe deck amidships on The Golden and the Baja deck above has no public areas just cabins.

So just check the deckplans first for the ship you are looking at and book with that in mind.

Yes, that is true...and deckplan check goes for any cabin category...need to check for all sorts of public places.

We just got off the Crown and were in PH R411 and did not experience any noise. The cabin was wonderful. Only had full breakfast delivered once when we had an early tour. You also get preferred seating in the anytime restaurant and we had the same table for 2 at 8 PM the entire cruise.

You also get preferred seating in the anytime restaurant and we had the same table for 2 at 8 PM the entire cruise.

Preferred is extended to all full suites, not just PH. And any passenger can request a standing reservation that same time & table for the duration (many have done so, without having a suite at all).

Archived