Anastasia Travel Agency - St. Petersburg

kcbarker

I have e-mailed them several times. I have gotten an answer from them with some pricing. I have now tried to add some items such as the canal ride but have not heard back from them. It seems to take 4-5 days to get an answer and then I usually e-mail them again 2-3 times. They seem to be alittle cheaper but we will probably go with Alla.

I am booked with Alla for a two day tour for a July sailing. Every time I sent her an email I found a reply in my inbox by the next morning. She was fantastic to deal with. I am looking forward to meeting her.

Анастасия <info@anastasiaworld.com>

Is the above the correct email for her?

thank you,

Анастасия info@anastasiaworld.com

• 2 months later...

I have been e-mailing her with ideas and questions and she has been very quick to answer me back. I am very impress with the flexiblity of her private tour and her prices are quite reasonable. I am definitely thinking strongly of booking my familys tour in St Petersburg, my replys from Alla have not quite quite so quick, but I also am impressed with this company so now comes the big decision of which company to take!!!!!!!!!

BethWendy,

Today, I received a quote from Anastasia for 2-day tour. I will email it to you shortly.

CruiseIdaho,

Have you decided to go with her?

-----------

We have quotes from 3 tour guides; each has different prices. Red October seems to be the highest of the 3 without one day lunch and metro visits; and hydrofoil is additional. Still undecided which one to hire.

Yes, "Outandabout", we are booked with Anastasia. She sent a form for visa application and said they would send info when completed. Now we are working on adjustments to the suggested itinerary, such as less time for lunch and more time for flea markets.

Thanks cruiseidaho & the others for a copy of your suggested itineraries. There's definitley sopme tweaking to be done on the one I received, however Anastasia seems to be very flexible. It's also a matter of having all in the group agree to the final itinerary. The sights we most want to see include Catherine's Palace, The Grand Palace, Hermitage, the Fortress, Church of the Spilled Blood, the Metro & a hydrofoil ride (instead of taking the bus). The overall 'city' tour to see al the sights is also on the list.

So much to do.............so little time!

There's definitley sopme tweaking to be done on the one I received, however Anastasia seems to be very flexible. So much to do.............so little time!

Just had two different, detailed e-mails back early this am from Anastasia after I did follow-up questions to her late yesterday afternoon. Very responsive! Her "flexibility" is VERY IMPORTANT, but, maybe more important have been her comments, information and reactions to help sort out what priorities and stops are MOST important. In a limited time period, you can't do it all in St. Petersburg. Working through those various options and adjusting the trip flow are very important. It seems that many other tour firms have one or two set programs and want you to adapt to THEIR program, not your interests and priorities. Working through these options takes some times, however, it will lead to a better, more enjoyable visit. Anastasia has been very helpful in this "learning and planning process".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Our group booked with Anastasia. I've heard good and bad about all of these when it comes to communication. I've had my wife track done people that have used the various tour companies and most of them seem happy with whomever they have booked with.

So find an itinerary your group likes. Find a company with a price you all can live with. If it is one of the regular four: Anastasia, Denrus, Red October or Alla, then you should be fine. Some have slightly different itineraries. Some offer nighttime activities, which our group wasn't interested in, but I'm sure there are some adventurous souls out there that would enjoy the Ballet or a great Russian dinner and a show.

From what I gather these are all reputable companies. Make sure that whomever you book with, that they have a blanket visa or you will have to obtain a visa BEFORE you go. The company will tell you how to do that.

Archived