Spray on tan !!

epal

Hope you can help I'm a very pale red head and had planned on having a spray on tan before I leave for the cruise. I went in for leg waxing and asked about the tan job.It was only then that she explained that you can't go swimming in chlorinated pools or I would end up going streaky:eek: .Has this happened to any one else and how bad is the streaking?

Are the spa pools on deck chlorinated or sea water. She also told me I not able to pick to have light Medium or dark she say it all depended on how the pigment in my skin reacted Thanks in advance cheers Elaine

Hope you can help I'm a very pale red head and had planned on having a spray on tan before I leave for the cruise. I went in for leg waxing and asked about the tan job.It was only then that she explained that you can't go swimming in chlorinated pools or I would end up going streaky:eek: .Has this happened to any one else and how bad is the streaking?

Are the spa pools on deck chlorinated or sea water. She also told me I not able to pick to have light Medium or dark she say it all depended on how the pigment in my skin reacted Thanks in advance cheers Elaine

Hope this will help... I also am light complected, burn etc... except older and spider veins so I always get a spray on tan. Just get expholiated really well before you have it done and don't bathe or shower for 24 hours after. A lot of places (mine did) has a spry additive you can use through the week. Also several places have what they call a double tan where they will spray you twice. I had that done for my high school reunion...I have only gotten in the ships pool once....but when I went to cancun I was in the pool a lot. Just pat dry.... and take a shower only not a tub bath and you should be ok.

You can buy that spray at the tan place plus their lotions for spray tans. This year someone told me a place that does airbrush tans like the girls with dancing with the stars.. It is deeper and suppose to last longer with much better coverage. If you are planning on being in the pool a spray on tan won't keep you from burning. I am by far NOT a fan of tanning beds due to melanoma (skin cancer) Worked in pathology saw too many cases some deadly....Melanoma is the fastest growing cancer of the skin you can get...you get it from too much sun also......BUT they do have a tanning bed now where you aren't suppose to burn if you wanted to try a couple of times before your cruise. Just don't make a habit of them PLEASE... One more thing if you are going to get a spray on tan instead of liquid make up get bare essentials from QVC... It is wonderful plus good for your skin. They even have a self tan lotion... never tried it. Have a great trip

Lynda

She's right--after you've been swimming, your "spray on tan" will look awful. Since you have pale skin and red hair, no one will believe its a real tan anyway. Take pride in your paleness! Skin untouched by the sun is beautiful! All of us who have damaged our skin by tanning are quite envious of your beautiful outer layer! Don't try and aquire something you don't need! Get a pretty swim suit that suits your shape and coloring, and let everything else go! You'll be healthier, and won't have the "stress" of dealing with the chemical tan.

She's right--after you've been swimming, your "spray on tan" will look awful. Since you have pale skin and red hair, no one will believe its a real tan anyway. Take pride in your paleness! Skin untouched by the sun is beautiful! All of us who have damaged our skin by tanning are quite envious of your beautiful outer layer! Don't try and aquire something you don't need! Get a pretty swim suit that suits your shape and coloring, and let everything else go! You'll be healthier, and won't have the "stress" of dealing with the chemical tan.

Word of warning...My girlfriend used some sort of highly suggested tanning acceleration product...and her legs turned orange. Orange isn't tan...she stopped using it and went back to her normal color in a few days, just beware of the product before you use it.

You could also just try using the self tanning lotions. Dove makes a nice one...it's more lotion than tanning cream and it's more subtle....just make sure to cover everywhere evenly. I really like it for my arm/chest area, but my legs do tend to get a bit streaky, probably from shaving, especially if I don't use it every day...but still it's nice to give you a bit of color. Just make sure to choose the light to medium and not the dark since you are so fair.

If you go to one of the Tanning centers where the machine tans you (Mystic Tan), swimming or hot tubs will take of the tan. You can streak.

I have had the airbrush tanning as well and I went swimming several times in a pool and never had a problem with any part of my body.

However, remember all of these type tans come off and when they do it is patchy. If you are very pale, as I am, this will look awful once it starts. While a spray/airbrushed type tan will last longer and will be a darker color, you will still have it come off naturally in patches. One good way to help prevent this from happening while still on vacation is a good over the counter spray on tan you can apply yourself. Do it before you go to bed. Let it dry and when you go to bed you are fine. Once you wake up you can shower and put sunscreen lotions on and be fine.

Are the spa pools on deck chlorinated or sea water. She also told me I not able to pick to have light Medium or dark she say it all depended on how the pigment in my skin reacted Thanks in advance cheers Elaine[/quotethe]

I got a mystic tan for a wedding in the summer.. and thought I looked good.. Omgod.. the photographers took pictures during the wedding and reception and put them right up on huge screen rotating.. I looked horrid and orange.. I really thought I looked really tan.. until those giagantic pictures came up.. Also, when it started fading (in about 3 days) it didnt look all that even.

Archived