Homewood Suites

Nana Dawn

We are taking a family of 9 to Miami and plan to use Homewood Suites, Blue Lagoon Drive for our pre and post stay. Got a good price for a 2 bedroom suite that will work for us instead of individual rooms. Anyone have any comments on the place? Also looking for a transportation company that can accommodate all of us and our luggage from the Homewood to Miami port. They do have a shuttle but it goes to the airport, then we would catch the Carnival buses to the port. We're trying to keep from lugging all our luggage around multiple times by trying to arrange for a ride directly to the port. Anyone have any referrals for us?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't stayed at the Homewood Suites in Miami, but have stayed at one in Chicago. Nice hotels, but 9 in one room would be a bit crowded, IMHO.

It may be difficult to fit 9 plus luggage in one limo, but you can hire a van and have them pull a trailer for luggage, that way you all arrive at the port together. Contact the hotel and they should be able to connect you with that service.

Have a great time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at this Homewood Suites and loved it. We had 6 people in the 2 bedroom suite and had plenty of room. The free breakfast was wonderful. We didn't use the shuttle, though so I can't help you with that. I can say that this is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at.

By the way, we did fit 9 (plus all our luggage) into a van taxi in New Orleans once!

Linda

Dawn,

The Homewood Suites is very close to the airport. Only a 5-10 minute drive at the most. From our room, we could actually see one of the runways off in the distance. We often travel with 8 or 9 people and have always squished into one van. (The van drivers never seem to mind.) It can get crowded, but its not too bad for short drives.

Where in Michigan do you live? And what cruise are you taking out of Miami??

Linda

I'm disappointed I didn't see this thread earlier, I think I'm too late...but for anyone else...we actually had the hotel shuttle take us to the pier. I can't remember what we paid but it was very reasonable. There were about 9 or 11 of us I think. We all crammed in. We didn't make the arrangements until we got there, because we thought we'd just call and work something out when we got there. The best deal was...he met us all again when the ship came back in and took us all to the airport. I loved that hotel. The rooms were great, the breakfast was convenient, and the staff was very accommodating. I would highly recommend it. I was wishing FLL had one near the port. No luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I started this thread and then forgot to come back to it. Sorry Linda, wasn't ignoring you. We're in Southgate not far from you and we're taking the Triumph to the Western Carribean on October 30. My family is so geeked, everyone is having a hard time sleeping at night and we have 9 days to go! Thanks for your info as well crsshiplover. In calling to check our reservations I always ask them for transportation information and so far have been given three different names/companies. Maybe the desk clerks are recommending family/friends in the business. Do you remember who you dealt with and what you paid? I'm getting rates of $8 per person...don't know if that includes taxes or port charge. Since we are staying at the Homewood a night before and after the cruise, I would like to deal with the same person coming and going.

Dawn

Archived