NextCruise - Everything you need to know

Just reporting back. Last Friday I transferred my 7 day cruise booked for April 2010 to a 14 day TA on Navigator in April 2010. This booking was originally done in Nov 2008 and Diamond balcony discount, onboard ship credit and shareholder were transferred.

When I called RCI the balcony discount and OBC were transferred immediately but I had to refax my shareholder credit info and that was applied yesterday. I am good to go. Kept the same booking number which was from Nov 2008.

She mentioned that I should fax the info again to Shareholder and I told her I scan the shares info and attach it in an email and that works better. This RCI agent was not aware of doing it that way by email rather than fax.

Just wanted you to know that it did work out..I am happy :) Thanks to all who gave input.

That's great news Emmy. We have always done the shareholder's by email as well, and Linda Buchanan has always been VERY prompt with her reply. She is really a wonderful employee and a shining representative of Royal Caribbean. :D:):D

That's great news Emmy. We have always done the shareholder's by email as well, and Linda Buchanan has always been VERY prompt with her reply. She is really a wonderful employee and a shining representative of Royal Caribbean. :D:):D

Yes very prompt..less than 24 hours this time:)

Wow, I feel so stupid. We are Diamond and have evidently totally misunderstood what has been going on with NC. I have 2 NC purchased in Nov 08 but not booked to a specific sailing as of yet. Am I understanding that I will still be eligable for my D Balcony credit and Next Cruise Credit? I've been just sitting on them because I thought they were now fairly useless to us. Thanks for the confirmation!

If this is so, Anyone know the appropriate contact at rccl so that I might get it in writing? Thanks, Sue

Edited by sueb

Just reporting back. Last Friday I transferred my 7 day cruise booked for April 2010 to a 14 day TA on Navigator in April 2010. This booking was originally done in Nov 2008 and Diamond balcony discount, onboard ship credit and shareholder were transferred.

When I called RCI the balcony discount and OBC were transferred immediately but I had to refax my shareholder credit info and that was applied yesterday. I am good to go. Kept the same booking number which was from Nov 2008.

She mentioned that I should fax the info again to Shareholder and I told her I scan the shares info and attach it in an email and that works better. This RCI agent was not aware of doing it that way by email rather than fax.

Just wanted you to know that it did work out..I am happy :) Thanks to all who gave input.

Great news emmy. The reason you had to reapply for your Shareholder Benefit is because you changed from a 7 day to a 14 day so they had to adjust the amount of your OBC.....which is more. You really didn't have to fax any proof of ownership.

I save all my emails from Linda Buchanan and then if we transfer a cruise I just forward back to her the original email explaining that I have transferred to another sailing and it has worked every time.

Wow, I feel so stupid. We are Diamond and have evidently totally misunderstood what has been going on with NC. I have 2 NC purchased in Nov 08 but not booked to a specific sailing as of yet. Am I understanding that I will still be eligable for my D Balcony credit and Next Cruise Credit? I've been just sitting on them because I thought they were now fairly useless to us. Thanks for the confirmation!

If this is so, Anyone know the appropriate contact at rccl so that I might get it in writing? Thanks, Sue

You really don't need anything in writing. Just make sure that when you finally activate your NC booking you let whomever you are booking with know that it was purchased in 2008 and all the benefits you are eligible for are to be applied to the reservation.

I think this was posted somewhere on this thread but this was attached to the email confirming that the Shareholder credit was applied to my booking.

So it is looking good for you :)

**PLEASE NOTE*** The shareholder onboard credit benefit has changed as to its combinability with other discounts or onboard credit offers. This pertains to NEW reservations made on or after 1/01/09 and Next Cruise reservations that are made after 1/01/09. If you have a reservation or NC booking that was created before 1/01/09, all eligible benefits will still be combinable. For more information please visit the website: www.rclinvestor.com.

Kind regards,

The Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Great news emmy. The reason you had to reapply for your Shareholder Benefit is because you changed from a 7 day to a 14 day so they had to adjust the amount of your OBC.....which is more. You really didn't have to fax any proof of ownership.

I save all my emails from Linda Buchanan and then if we transfer a cruise I just forward back to her the original email explaining that I have transferred to another sailing and it has worked every time.

You really don't need anything in writing. Just make sure that when you finally activate your NC booking you let whomever you are booking with know that it was purchased in 2008 and all the benefits you are eligible for are to be applied to the reservation.

Morning Patti..we posted the info at the same time. Okay more good info about emailing when changing from 7 day to 14 day..you're the best :)

Hi,

I have a quick question, does anyone know if you can still get price reductions after final payment. It use to be but was wondering if this has changed.

thanks

Suz

Yes, if yu qualify for the reduction they will give it to you.

Hi,

I have a quick question, does anyone know if you can still get price reductions after final payment. It use to be but was wondering if this has changed.

thanks

Suz

Absolutely, but you have to ask for them.........they are not automatic.

I think it might be easier for you to book your Next Cruise cruise of your choice and cabin, and then transfer it to the TA of your choice. That way, you have everything in place that you want...and you can interview TA's that might offer perks or provide benefits for your cruise.

pbhunt, we don't book with a specific itinerary and cabin in mind in advance. We like the $100 for 'any cruise' - so I guess I'm wondering if I can not designate a TA when I get NC, but then designate one later when I book a specific itinerary and cabin...

Most definitely you can ! Make sure that you leave your Next Cruise booking with Royal Caribbean when you make the deposit. Emphasize and underline the fact that you want to leave it with the cruise line instead of having it sent to your current TA. :D:):D

Yes, if yu qualify for the reduction they will give it to you.

Absolutely, but you have to ask for them.........they are not automatic.

Thanks for the quick response.

Suz

So can you use a next cruise cert along with Diamond balcony discount. Or is that still not allowed?:confused:

Yes you can combine it as long as the Next Cruise Cert was purchased prior to

Jan 1/09

**PLEASE NOTE*** The shareholder onboard credit benefit has changed as to its combinability with other discounts or onboard credit offers. This pertains to NEW reservations made on or after 1/01/09 and Next Cruise reservations that are made after 1/01/09. If you have a reservation or NC booking that was created before 1/01/09, all eligible benefits will still be combinable. For more information please visit the website: www.rclinvestor.com.

Kind regards,

Yes you can combine it as long as the Next Cruise Cert was purchased prior to

Jan 1/09

Kind regards,

The link you added does not work do you have another one.

I don't know if this question has been answered.

I have an unapplied Next Cruise w/F&F vouchers purchased before Jan. 09.

I have a WOW already booked (with 2 other cabins). Can I apply the Next Cruise (& F&F) cert to the WOW booking? I realize that my booking number will have to change. In changing to the Next Cruise booking number will I lose my WOW deal? I'm afraid the answer is *yes*. :mad:

The link you added does not work do you have another one.

The link was copied right off the email I received a couple of weeks ago. I am sure it is still valid. I just tried it myself right now and it did not work. Keep trying I would say.

Just think I figured it out. There is a period at the end of the sentence and when I type http://www.rclinvestor.com it worked

I don't know if this question has been answered.

I have an unapplied Next Cruise w/F&F vouchers purchased before Jan. 09.

I have a WOW already booked (with 2 other cabins). Can I apply the Next Cruise (& F&F) cert to the WOW booking? I realize that my booking number will have to change. In changing to the Next Cruise booking number will I lose my WOW deal? I'm afraid the answer is *yes*. :mad:

I was told that you can't use a next cruise on a wow booking, but with RCCL things are changing all the time anymore, So Who Knows.