Anyone from Pt.St. Lucie, FL out there?

kaapt

My parents have a house, which is unoccupied at the moment thankfully, in Port Saint Lucie and I was wondering what the predictions for the hurricane are in that area. I am praying for all of you in South Florida right now. May God Bless and Keep you safe!!!!

Karen

I emailed my Aunt that lives in Port St. Lucie this morning, but I too have not heard back yet. She and my other Aunt and Uncle that also live in Port St. Lucie are probably too busy getting ready to use a computer right now.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Here is an e mail I got from the TA that I bought my cruise from, who is there:

SPECIAL HURRICANE NOTICE

Best Price Cruises is currently located directly in the path of Hurricane Francis.

Our Port St Lucie, FL. location is being threatened by 140 mph tropical winds. Our Civil Authorities have activated their Emergency Operations Center and all non-essential offices are either closed or in the process of such. In the interest of safety for our employees and our business, we are evacuating all personnel, critical business records and essential office equipment, including our reservations computers, to a safe location.

Our office will be closed as of 7:00 p.m. (US Eastern) Wednesday, September 1st.

We will remain closed until we have received word from the Local Emergency Operations Center that it is safe to return. We apologize deeply for any inconvenience, but we will not be able to personally answer our telephones or email until we return to our premises.

The Web site will remain online.

We will try to collect all email that is sent to us during this period. However, we cannot guarantee we will be able to read or reply to any email during the storm. We request that you wait until we return to contact us. Even if our offices are damaged or destroyed - our target date to re-open is Tuesday, September 7th. However, this is subject to change.

If you are scheduled to embark a cruise leaving from Florida this weekend. Please refer to the applicable cruise line website for current information regarding your cruise.

Updates to our office situation will be posted on our Web site.

Please check www.bestpricecruises.com to verify our status before you contact us. Thank you for your patronage, patience and understanding, and best of luck to all of us facing this storm.

[/img]

Archived