Ice cream

snowmc

While doing research on Princess line, I noticed that they have a "nominal" charge for ice cream. Is that only for special ice cream dishes or also for scoops of ice cream when served outside of the dining room? Have only sailed on Celebrity and they don't have this extra charge. Just wondering. :D

While doing research on Princess line, I noticed that they have a "nominal" charge for ice cream. Is that only for special ice cream dishes or also for scoops of ice cream when served outside of the dining room? Have only sailed on Celebrity and they don't have this extra charge. Just wondering. :D

Princess has an ice cream bar up on deck with an additional charge. There is free ice cream in the dining room at lunch and dinner.

Also on most ships, they have free ice cream and topping around 3:30pm in Horizon Court.

The one in Horizon Court is not in the serving line but at the end of the serving lines. There are usually just 2 flavors and a few different toppings. On our last trip the server ran out of one of the flavors. Someone asked her if she was going to bring back the same flavor and she replied that she did not know what flavor she would be bring back. She just brought back what she was given. sometimes it is not 2 flavors of ice cream but one of ice cream and one of sherbet.

The "nominal charge" is only for the specialty ice cream at the Scoops ice cream bar by the pool. There's plenty of FREE ice cream in the dining room for lunch and dinner plus a make-your-own sundae in the buffet in the afternoon, usually between 3:30 - 4:30PM. Lots of free, and very good, ice cream with a wide variety of flavors.

lay off the ice cream go stright to the hard stuff the deasert bar, thats were all the action is seeya:cool:

Archived