Disney offers Discount on Magic 09-04

cruise_newbie

I finally got through to Disney Cruise line on the phone, they are offerig 2 options:

1) full refund

2) sail on Monday Sept. 4 for a 5-day cruise, with a 40% discount, and 25% off your next cruise, and a $200 on-board ship credit.

We'd still like to go but are wondering if we will be able to fly in by Monday.

By Monday the storm should be long past the area, if it goes as predicted (which, I know, is not always the case).

If you still want to go I'd contact your airline and reschedule the flights now, but keep in mind that BOTH the Wonder and the Magic are sailing on Monday now...so the port area will be a zoo. Arrive as early as you can.

Good luck with your decision, and stay safe! :)

The current Magic cruise will be extended two days, and the ship will return to Port Canaveral on Monday 9/6. The scheduled 9/4 cruise will be shortened to 5 days. My understanding is that the Port will be closed sometime tomorrow (or maybe even Today) until the storm passes.

I guess it depends how much damage the airports suffer during the hurricane--I just wonder if my flight will be able to make it in on Monday. The other problem for me is I'm flying on a charter which only flys down to Orlando (Sanford airport) 2 or 3 times a week. I'll try to see how long Disney will let me wait before making a final decision.

We're trying to get onto this sailing too. We're now trying to fly in on Sunda'y into Tampa to meet the ship monday - but the storm tracks suggest Tampa will be threatened so we may have to reschedule a 4th time to try and get within driving distance of PC. We're flying in from Calif with a 9 month old and 3.5 year old so we're reluctant to fly a red eye for Monday morning arrival. We're trying to find a safe way in on Sunday.

Our alternates if Tampa is closed will become Jacksonville, Fort Lauderville, etc.. We just need to get within driving distance and we'll be OK. Of course, this storm is 300 miles wide.... big enough to cover a fair portion of Florida... so it's actually looking quite complicated to get there.

Hey... if anyone else is trying to get to the boat - would any of you like to split on an unlimited access internet account? If there are 3 of us then we'll each save $66 if they ask $100 for unlimited access. I gotta have my regular ebay fix - plus follow my emails, etc. I really would like to cut the communication costs down and even one other party sharing an unlimited account would save us 50% each! That would be quite tolerable - even though we both could not use the account at the same time - that's OK as I only need ocassional access. OK to email me privately at Magic4xtc@hotmail.com if interested - otherwise you can post your interest here publicly.

Oh well.... I hope everyone who wants to still go can make it!

regards,

Tom

Captaincrash,

We are trying to get there for the cruise Monday as normally we're within driving distance but with the 2.5mil evacueze don't know how the drive will be, our thoughts were to follow the storm today and try drive down as close as possible on Sunday (Jacksonville or closer -J has accomodation available for Sun night) I am worried about the gas situation but DH doesn't think thats a problem. :D

Hopefully we will all make it down, get some great upgrades and have a fun time which we plan on doing.

My thoughts were to just relax, not go near a PC I even told DH not to take his laptop but if I change my mind will let you know or hunt you down on board.

My kids are 10 and 6 and plan on being in camp so I hope there are other kids there age.

Keep us posted on your plans of getting to ship.

Julia

Disney Cruise Line® –

Important Information

ShowDateTime(showDateTime)Sunday, September 05, 2004 8:04:23 PM

As you may know, Hurricane Frances brought about significant destruction in part of the Caribbean as well as the state of Florida in past days. The thoughts of Disney Cruise Line’s cast and crew are with all of those who have been negatively impacted by the hurricane.

The slow movement of Hurricane Frances has made it necessary for us to make additional changes to the scheduled Disney Magic and Wonder sailings.

Disney Wonder

The four-night Bahamian sailing originally scheduled to depart on September 5th has been cancelled . All guests have the option of a full refund, a four-night Walt Disney World Resort stay, or on a space available basis, sailing on the modified Disney Magic four-night itinerary scheduled for September 7th. All guests scheduled for this cancelled voyage will also receive a discount voucher for a future three-, four- or seven-night cruise.

Guests scheduled to sail on the cancelled September 5th Disney Wonder voyage are in the process of being contacted by our reservations staff or they may contact Disney Cruise Line Reservations

at 800-WDW-CRUISE.

The September 9th three-night cruise to the Bahamas is still set to depart as scheduled from Port Canaveral.

Disney Magic

The seven-night Eastern Caribbean sailing, originally scheduled for September 4th, will be shortened to a four-night cruise and will depart on Tuesday, September 7th at 5 p.m. from Port Canaveral. The ship will arrive back at Port Canaveral as scheduled on Saturday, September, 11th. This voyage will sail to Cozumel, Mexico.

Fares for this shortened cruise will be discounted 50% , and guests will be offered special incentives for sailing.

The September 11th, seven-night Western Caribbean sailing is still set to depart as scheduled from Port Canaveral.

Archived