Sister just called from the Sovereign of the Seas

Wanna bet we heard the complaints and the requests for compensation from some who didnt make their ports?? You know there are always some who will equate this to a cruise from he!! and never cruise RCCL again..:cool:

But naturally. You and I both know that RCI forced those people to accept the bargain fares to sail during hurricane season and purposely scheduled this cruise for a week when a hurricane would be in the region. And obviously they should have sailed into the teeth of the storm in order to go to the scheduled ports. They, of course, will not consider that during the entire time, they were fed, entertained, and accommodated for the entire period of the trip.:eek:

But naturally. You and I both know that RCI forced those people to accept the bargain fares to sail during hurricane season and purposely scheduled this cruise for a week when a hurricane would be in the region. And obviously they should have sailed into the teeth of the storm in order to go to the scheduled ports. They, of course, will not consider that during the entire time, they were fed, entertained, and accommodated for the entire period of the trip.:eek:

Got a good LOL out of this.

Don't people realize and understand that if you cruise in hurricane season, you might run into a hurricane or at least, a tropical storm. What do they expect? RCCL doesn't control the weather. People need to learn to roll with the punches... or in this case, roll with the waves!!!!!! :)

What do they expect?

EVERYTHING!:cool: and if for some reason the ship did go into the storm,they would complain then too..........

Lets sit back and wait for the first review...:p

You're right Bill!

Oh the Horror. . . :p

Would I be disappointed by missing Coco Cay and Nassau? Probably. But that is the price you can pay for cruising during hurricane season. Just have to deal with it <sigh> :D. Four sea days could be rough, they might run out of rum! :eek: If we miss the ports next week, we'll just have to take another cruise!

There are definitely worse things in life than being trapped on a fully provisioned cruise ship for four days. For example, being out of rum. :cool:

Kathy, do you mean you JUST saw that one? I'm sooo glad he knows better than the Captain of the ship which ports are available.:rolleyes:

He thinks its like driving a car and if you find a parking space you just pull in.

We once "chanced" the winter and cruised in Feb. We flew down 1 day ahead and had to fly back the same day as we docked. I knew going into this we were chancing the weather and could in no way blame the cruise lines for any port changes etc. Well our cruise was great, but wouldn't you know it on the way home we changed in philly and battled a Noreaster" on the way home. Our plane arrived as we were watching the snow flakes fall faster and faster. They were literally telling people to get off the plane so we could get off the ground. After de-icing our plane........kinda made me nervous we were off and landed back home. You take your chances whenever you cruise in hurricane season or cruise in the winter....it is the luck of the draw!!!

Macwoman

Archived