Least Formal Seabourn Cruises?

blackfoot

Usually on formal evenings aboard the Seabourn ships guests coming into the Club, Show Lounge or the dining room are formally dressed. You may dine in the Veranda ("2") or dine "in-suite"informal.

You may enjoy booking a Caribbean cruise as some have only 1 formal evening. Other cruises have 2, 3, and more ~~On our upcoming Legend 14 day, Jan 16th, we'll enjoy 4 formal evenings and 1 semi-formal.

Martita B.

Don't worry, St. Michelle, you'll have lots of company dressing up. I take my prettiest gowns (floor length) for formal night, and my favorite dressy dresses for elegant casual. I usually am one of the more dressed up ladies on elegant casual nights, but that's okay, I like to "dress for dinner", it's fun.

Formal clothes on formal nights (however as close to dressing to the nines as you wish)...and anything else lovely on elegant casual. Even casual you can wear a nice dress if you want to.

Jane

You can wear the same outfit for each formal night and not worry. I think that often, the Club and Shows attendees after the formal dinner are still dressed because 1) dinner runs into the show time there is no time to change and 2) if one got back to one's suite after dinner to change, it would be too easy to lie down and not bother going out again!

So you can dine ensuite in your jammies on formal night and then go to a show in something dressier than than your footies.

My experience has been that the evening dress code for the Veranda Restaurant ("Restaurant 2") governs the other public areas of the ship (with the exception of the main Restaurant, which is governed by the highest dress code of the evening).

My experience has been that the evening dress code for the Veranda Restaurant ("Restaurant 2") governs the other public areas of the ship (with the exception of the main Restaurant, which is governed by the highest dress code of the evening).

While 'govern' sounds rather draconian, I think that you make a good point. Although, I have seen cruisers in very casual dress in the Magellan Lounge for the show. I figure as long as the relevant body parts are covered.....

Lord--I agree with you 100%--I showed up one night in a Tux on a Carnaval ship--the night was called "formal night" for dinner--I was the only person in a tux--some darn kid ask me if I was James Bond!! No kidding this really happened! I told the kid yes! Don

That`s right and the Verandah code can be one step down from the main restaurant code or in the case of casual the same.:)

I've been in the Club several times on Formal nights after dinner when people arrived in casual dress--I guess they didn't break any rule, but I'm pretty sure they felt a little uncomfortable. Kind of like a ---- in the punch bowl! Don

We like to comply with the dress code. Our only difficultly is when it gets too hot. It's no fun for us or anyone having dinner with sweat dripping.

The era where gentlemen perspired discreetly is over. If the air conditioning doesn't work properly, I'm afraid the jacket has to come off at some stage in the evening.

So many ships we've been on don't cope well in the tropics. How are the Seabourn ships in this regard?

Steve.

I am a person who is usually cold, but I've always been perfectly comfortable in the dining room on Seabourn. I have only been on the Caribbean itineraries. The show lounge does get a bit chilly, so I generally bring a wrap. But even when I haven't, I'm usually okay.

I have noticed it may take a while for your cabin to change temperature if you move the thermostat. This happened on the Legend and on the Pride. But I've never had a problem with A/C not cooling things down enough, on either ship. In fact, I never notice the temperature, since like most things on Seabourn *smile*, they work so hard behind the scenes to give you a great experience, you're only aware of what a blissful time you're having!

Jane

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lord,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Well please don't blame the "Texans" ~~~we uphold Seabourn's dress code to the "9's!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Martita B.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Martita B.'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lord,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Well please don't blame the "Texans" ~~~we uphold Seabourn's dress code to the "9's!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Martita B.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Sorry Martha,I was generalising,although I do regard Texas as a country in it's own right. ;)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lord,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Thank you! Yes, I guess we're "The People's Republic of the great Country of Texas!" he he:eek: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]We do enjoy dressing ~~from El Paso to Houston and from Amarillo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]to Brownsville ~~sometimes in Levis and sometimes in Chanel!:D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Cheers [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]MB[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived