Thursday Weigh-in~~~11/1/07

WeirdEyes

Welcome to November and All Saints' Day! :D

Belle is away and asked me to start the thread this week. I hope all of you have been doing well.

Who OD'd on Halloween candy? Or were you good and showed a loss today on the scale?

I must've OD'd because I stayed the same. :rolleyes:

Good luck, Losers! :)

Good Morning Sheila!!! I managed to give out over $30 worth of chocolate last night, and I did not even have one piece!!! This really has become a new way of life.

Today I was down 1/2# for the week ... its getting more difficult to lose, and I don't think I should cut back on eating and exercising has been good... so think I'll just keep plugging away.

Every morning I wake up and my body seems to have changed during the night. I've lost 44 1/2# and have 12# to go before I am concidered "healthy" BUT, the strange part is that at my weight I should be in a 12-14 slack size, I'm only 5'5". I had to go shopping again (aww) as clothes are getting too loose again ... bra size has gone from 42DD to 36DD and my jeans are now a size 8.

Sheila .... a few questions 1. Did you get to a certain weight and then get a trainer? or not get one, or have one the whole time. I'm doing ok with my exercising, but I have areas that I would really like to work on, but don't know if I should start "sculpting" now, or weight until the rest of the weight is off. 2. At 55 I'm finding that as I lose weight the skin isn't as tight as it used to be especially in the stomach area ... I'm not sure if it will really get to where it should be on its own (age and 3 kids!!). I keep looking at maybe getting help, but again don't know if I should wait, or go see someone now. I'm sure that I'll have a million more as time goes on. I just wish I knew a way to get the weight to go quicker!!!!

Have a wonderful day all. Jan

Sheila .... a few questions 1. Did you get to a certain weight and then get a trainer? or not get one, or have one the whole time. I'm doing ok with my exercising, but I have areas that I would really like to work on, but don't know if I should start "sculpting" now, or weight until the rest of the weight is off. 2. At 55 I'm finding that as I lose weight the skin isn't as tight as it used to be especially in the stomach area ... I'm not sure if it will really get to where it should be on its own (age and 3 kids!!). I keep looking at maybe getting help, but again don't know if I should wait, or go see someone now. I'm sure that I'll have a million more as time goes on. I just wish I knew a way to get the weight to go quicker!!!!

Jan, First CONGRATS on passing on the Halloween candy and losing weight to boot! ;) I've been exercising the WHOLE time I've been losing weight. It started with walking. After losing about 20 lbs. I started at the gym. I lifted weights and took a few aerobics classes a week. I dropped 20 more pounds. After that, I quit the gym and started working out at home doing Walk Away the Pounds DVDs and used hand weights and stability ball for strength training. I realized that I needed something more in June 2006 so I joined another gym and got a personal trainer. There's no looking back now! It has been so much better. I say, go for the trainer NOW...the sooner the better. I wish I had done it several years ago. Good luck!

Jan, First CONGRATS on passing on the Halloween candy and losing weight to boot! ;) I've been exercising the WHOLE time I've been losing weight. It started with walking. After losing about 20 lbs. I started at the gym. I lifted weights and took a few aerobics classes a week. I dropped 20 more pounds. After that, I quit the gym and started working out at home doing Walk Away the Pounds DVDs and used hand weights and stability ball for strength training. I realized that I needed something more in June 2006 so I joined another gym and got a personal trainer. There's no looking back now! It has been so much better. I say, go for the trainer NOW...the sooner the better. I wish I had done it several years ago. Good luck!

Goodmorning everyone,

After spending 5 days away from home, eating out every night I managed to lose 3 pounds this week. :) Must have been all the walking.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Pam

Well, girls I'm baack!

I don't have any lbs. to report as lost... because I just started again Nov. 1 on my new and improved weight-loss journey!

I will be back next week hopefully with a BIG loss. You know that first week you always lose alot of water weight...I do anyway.

See you all next week hopefully thinner. :)

Crystal

Hi Crystal ... Wishing you great luck/motivation on your new and improved journey!!!

Sheila -- thanks for writing. I had a chance to talk with my DH this afternoon, I finally had the opportunity to really explain that my journey into healthy-ness has become a new way of life and that I need to continue to focus on myself and my goals, as I don't want to have to repeat all the same steps in the future. He has been so wonderfully supportive and has been great at admiring all the changes. I've decided that next week I'm going to get a personal trainer for the next month or so. I thought that 3x per week would work, the rest of the time I can do it myself. I'm really shooting to be at my goal weight by the end of the year.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening ... we are getting a very bad storm here with lots of wind. Jan

Sheila -- thanks for writing. I had a chance to talk with my DH this afternoon, I finally had the opportunity to really explain that my journey into healthy-ness has become a new way of life and that I need to continue to focus on myself and my goals, as I don't want to have to repeat all the same steps in the future. He has been so wonderfully supportive and has been great at admiring all the changes. I've decided that next week I'm going to get a personal trainer for the next month or so. I thought that 3x per week would work, the rest of the time I can do it myself. I'm really shooting to be at my goal weight by the end of the year.Jan

Jan, congrats on your decision. I know you're going to do well!

Archived