Luggage tags

ohiochic

We're finally done packing and heading out early tomorrow morning for our first cruise. . .Should I put the Carnival luggage tags on before going to the airport or once I'm at the Carnival port? Just wondering since I did e-docs and have the paper tags that I'll have to use packing tape with and I don't want to cause any confusion at the airport.

We're finally done packing and heading out early tomorrow morning for our first cruise. . .Should I put the Carnival luggage tags on before going to the airport or once I'm at the Carnival port? Just wondering since I did e-docs and have the paper tags that I'll have to use packing tape with and I don't want to cause any confusion at the airport.

Wait and attach them prior to reaching the pier.

Depending on how you prepare you luggage tags they may be a bit 'tender'.

You can also pick up tags at the port and fill them out there.

We carried a roll of clear packing tape with us and put the tags on our luggage after we landed. I'm not sure if it makes a difference. We were originally concered with the paper tags but we covered them with the packing tape before we left and added some more to put them on the luggage. When it came time to take them off, we needed scissors. Couldn't tear them at all.

I would wait til you get off the last flight, before the pier. I've had the tag the airline puts on the luggage get ripped off in the conveyors to and from the plane. Better be safe than naked!!!! :eek: Also, put a change of clothes in your carryon just in case it still gets lost by the airline or cruiseline. Still better safe than naked!! (unless that's the theme of the cruise):D

put your itineray on a piece of paper in each suitcase, just in case they are lost..that way then can catch up with you...

If you have extra luggage tags...I would put them on the luggage and then if you need to replace them after the airlines..do so . That way they are tagged with you destination and the airlines will know where to call...

Archived